WTS International, one of the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure management firms, is seeking a Lifestyle Director for Odessa FL! The Lifestyle Director will report directly to the Corporate Operations Director. Additionally the Lifestyle Director will work closely with client(s) & CDD Manager.
The Lifestyle Director is responsible for the coordination and general oversight of amenities, programs and major marketing events within the community development district; to include, but not limited to: aquatics facilities, parks, water & nature programs, and major special events, as directed by the community management and/or developer. The Lifestyle Director is responsible for coordinating with management for implementation of policy and procedure, and handling scheduling of facilities and groups.
Some nights/weekends required and our ideal candidate will have prior recreation, hospitality, events and facility management or operations experience. Apply today for immediate consideration!
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for residents and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all services, administration, and maintenance.
• Presents a monthly Lifestyle Director's report to the board of supervisors and client.
• Plans and directs a wide variety of programming for residents and prospective buyers to include but not limited to: social, sports, fitness, aquatics, life enrichment, youth, teen, prospect & marketing events, as well as large scale public events in the District Park.
• Works alongside the marketing & development team.
• Coordinates with the Welcome Center Manager and team to ensure the community lifestyle program is properly presented to prospects, realtor, sales associates and current residents.
• Documents program participation & resident feedback.
• Creates and Manages a Resident Social Committee. Acts a liaison between the committee, developer and Community Development District.
• Assists in the solicitation of resident testimonials, lifestyle photos, event videos, event attendee feedback to be used in a variety of marketing channels for the community.
• Updates resident announcements and/or mobile app with appropriate calendar of events and community newsletter as required by client.
• Promotes all programs, events and social clubs in the community through a variety of marketing channels to include, but not limited to, a community app & website, newsletter and calendar of events, flyers, posters, email blast, etc.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Maintains relationships with appropriate athletic leagues and groups in the District Park facility, and works in coordination with management for scheduling and rental of fields.
• Oversees concessions stand operation and staff to include scheduling, inventory, sales & POS training, etc.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS policy. Reconciles registration software and POS system as required.
• Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Works in cooperation with the CDD Operations Manager to ensure proper cleanliness and maintenance standards for amenities.
• Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client, including monthly board meetings, developer meetings and off-site presentations.
• Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the District, placing a high emphasis on resident service and satisfaction. Ensures communication to residents for program calendar and announcements.
• Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems or concerns from management and/or residents in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
• Ensure compliance with any state and local licensing requirements, including concession stands, aquatic facilities and special event permits, as required by code.
• Minimum of three (3) years progressive development and experience in the field of special events & resident program planning and execution.
• Experience in planning, coordinating and executing major festivals and events, including volunteers, staffing, logistics and sponsorship development.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Ability to lead a group of staff members, volunteers, subordinate staff and volunteers in major programming and events.
• Must be able to lift tables, chairs and other equipment while setting up for events and activities.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to utilize new technology and communication methods in preparing messaging for residents, public and client.
• Experience in public speaking and presentations.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Bachelor's Degree in recreation, leisure services, marketing or a related field highly desirable.
• Certified Pool Operator (CPRO) certification preferred or willingness to obtain
• CPR, First aid & AED Certification preferred or willingness to obtain
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.