WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and lifestyle management firm is seeking a Lifestyle Director for an exciting new property in Miami FL. The Lifestyle Director is responsible for coordinating programming that is unique and responsive to a community's residents. The Lifestyle Director will serve as liaison with the community's home owner's association and property management company. Our ideal candidate has a strong fitness background and is also a personal trainer. Apply today for immediate consideration and full details!
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and with Operation Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair and submits these recommendations or issues to property management.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in MOD schedule (if applicable)
- Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Creates and implements an annual marketing and programming plan to promote all activities and encourage member participation and utilization.
- Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Develops and plans a diverse calendar of enjoyable member programs and activities such as: fitness and wellness programs, youth programs (if applicable), aquatic programs, sports, life enrichment classes, special events, social events, resident concierge services, and spa or personal care services (if applicable).
- Conducts new resident orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Works with Sales and Marketing Department Staff to introduce prospective members to the facility's amenities and programs.
- Monitors and tracks resident utilization and program registrations/participation by establishing a tracking procedure. Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
- Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
- Works with the property management company to address resident questions and concerns.
- Reviews and discusses any client suggestions at staff meetings.
- Prepares bulletins and flyers for display on bulletin board, intranet, cable, and for a possible activities newsletter.
- Maintains bulletin board(s).
- Maintains monthly inventory of supplies and equipment (towels, amenities, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Recreation and/or Fitness preferred
- Recreational Management/Marketing and Sales background preferred
- Experience programming events required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.