WTS International is the world's leading consulting and management firm for spa, fitness and leisure facilities. WTS is currently seeking a Lifestyle Director for Wesley Chapel, FL. The Lifestyle Director is responsible for coordinating programs, events and rental opportunities that are unique and responsive to a community or leisure facility. Ideal candidate will have experience with large scale event planning and enjoy working with children, adults and corporate groups. The Lifestyle Director will oversee a large team of 20-40 part-time & seasonal positions.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for residents and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
• Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and with Operation Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair and submits these recommendations or issues to property management.
• Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
• Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
• Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in MOD schedule (if applicable)
• Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Creates and implements an annual marketing and programming plan to promote all activities and encourage member participation and utilization.
• Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Develops and plans a diverse calendar of enjoyable member programs and activities such as: fitness and wellness programs, youth programs (if applicable), aquatic programs, sports, life enrichment classes, special events, social events, resident concierge services, and spa or personal care services (if applicable).
• Conducts new resident orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
• Works with Sales and Marketing Department Staff to introduce prospective members to the facility's amenities and programs.
• Monitors and tracks resident utilization and program registrations/participation by establishing a tracking procedure. Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
• Works with the property management company to address resident questions and concerns.
• Reviews and discusses any client suggestions at staff meetings.
• Prepares bulletins and flyers for display on bulletin board, intranet, cable, and for a possible activities newsletter.
• Maintains bulletin board(s).
• Maintains monthly inventory of supplies and equipment (towels, amenities, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of three (3) years progressive development and experience in the field of special events & resident program planning and execution.
• Experience in planning, coordinating and executing major festivals and events, including volunteers, staffing, logistics and sponsorship development.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Ability to lead a group of staff members, volunteers, subordinate staff and volunteers in major programming and events.
• Must be able to lift tables, chairs and other equipment while setting up for events and activities.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to utilize new technology and communication methods in preparing messaging for residents, public and client.
• Experience in public speaking and presentations.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
• Bachelor's Degree in recreation, leisure services, marketing or a related field highly desirable.
• Certified Pool Operator (CPRO) certification preferred or willingness to obtain
• CPR, First aid & AED Certification preferred or willingness to obtain
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.