New York City, NY
New York City, NY
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking Lifeguards in New York, NY for a luxury 5 star hotel property. The Lifeguard is responsible for providing a safe and fun environment for all participants utilizing the aquatic facility.
- Ensure safety of all swimmers by preventative measures and minimizing hazardous situations.
- Enforcement of all pool rules and regulations in a polite and courteous manner.
- Provide quick response to emergency situations in water/deck area.
- Conduct ongoing maintenance: adjust feeders when necessary, check operations of pump and flow meter, vacuum pool, wash down deck and pump room, clean stainless steel and filters, record pool readings, etc.
- Be knowledgeable on all aquatic information and programming.
- Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
- Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
- Ensure the aquatic area is safe, clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education or comparable work experience
- Valid CPR certification
- Valid standard First Aid certification
- Valid Lifeguard certification from the American Red Cross
- Certified Pool Operator certificate
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Able to show initiative and make decisions, must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility
- Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with participants.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.