Foster City, CA
Foster City, CA
We are looking to add to our Active Wellness team of talented, knowledgeable, professional, fierce Lifeguard with positive energy and a passion for motivating members.
Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of the swimming pool environment and must closely monitor and rescue swimmers.
- Project and promote a professional image
- Explain and enforce facility regulations, policies, and procedures to patrons
- Rescue swimmers in need of assistance
- Demonstrate proper rescue techniques, including but not limited to, swimming rescues, First Aid, and CPR
- Administer emergency care to patrons in need of assistance
- Monitor activities of patrons in the water and on deck and minimized the possibility of patron injury
- Conduct routine chemical test of the water on an hourly basis
- Keep accurate records of incident reports, maintenance, and chemical testing
- Perform routine maintenance of pool and pool equipment
- Keep all certification current
- Effectively supervise the swimming area from an elevated Lifeguard chair
- Attend all in-service trainings
- Keep physically fit in order to perform the job effectively
- Be knowledgeable about all programs and activities offered by Active Wellness
- Promote club services and activities
- Assist with keeping the club well stocked and clean
- Inventory of food items as well as locker and laundry service
- Maintain safety book/emergency log, massage log, and lost and found ledger
Minimum Job Requirements:
Certifications, Licenses, etc.:
Lifeguards must maintain the following:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (or equivalent training).
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent training).
- American Red Cross First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (or equivalent training).
All lifeguards are required to perform the following performance test prior to employment and may be tested at any time throughout their employment.
Performance test are as follows:
- Swim 300 yards continuous
- Tread water for two minutes using legs only
- Demonstrate the proper use of rescue equipment
- Surface Dive to the deepest part of the pool and retrieve a 10 pound brick
- Perform aquatic rescue & CPR/AED skills
$14 and up hourly
This position is currently accepting applications.