Las Vegas, NV
The Lifeguard is responsible for providing a safe and fun environment for all participants utilizing the aquatic facility.
• Ensure safety of all swimmers by preventative measures and minimizing hazardous situations.
• Enforcement of all pool rules and regulations in a polite and courteous manner.
• Provide quick response to emergency situations in water/deck area.
• Conduct ongoing maintenance: adjust feeders when necessary, check operations of pump and flow meter, vacuum pool, wash down deck and pump room, clean stainless steel and filters, record pool readings, etc.
• Be knowledgeable on all aquatic information and programming.
• Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
• Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
• Ensure the aquatic area is safe, clean and orderly.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school education or comparable work experience
• Valid CPR certification
• Valid standard First Aid certification
• Valid Lifeguard certification from the American Red Cross
• Certified Pool Operator certificate
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Able to show initiative and make decisions, must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility
• Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with participants.
• Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
• Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
• Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
• Ability to sit for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.