The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
To support the Retail Director in managing the day-to-day retail and pro shop operations to ensure delivery of superior customer service which includes, exceeding guest expectations by being enthusiastic and helpful and to create a “Welcome Home” atmosphere for members and guests. Maximize utilization of available space with strong visual merchandising displays. In addition, provide direction to additional help as needed.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
· Attract and retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service which includes maintaining guest service skills with a friendly, enthusiastic, and helpful demeanor.
· Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards.
· Responsible for creating and maintaining a compelling presentation of merchandise that engages customers and help stimulate sales activity. Presenting a professional, positive
image that reflects well on the organization.
· Responsible for taking the lead role for the Boutique Operation in maintaining the retail floor at all clubs with the highest quality of cleanliness, organization and merchandising as needed. Ensure that the Boutique areas are always staged for maximum buyer impact. Group items to simplify member purchasing decisions.
· Must be knowledgeable about all products and display them according to space allowing walking room for the customers.
· Work closely with the Retail Director to create designs and themes for retail displays.
· Lead by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion, and pride in their work. Communicate with team regularly.
· Maintain basic Boutique operations, as directed by the Retail Director, in areas of the floor, stockroom, receiving, unpacking, hanging, barcoding all merchandise. Regularly clean and organize Boutique floor as well as office spaces.
· Responsible for the lead role in maintaining basic inventory management and assist as directed by the Retail Director. Use the inventory management system to manage daily inventory, markdown strategy, mandatory quarterly physical inventory, stock, and sales analysis.
· Maintain invoices, purchase orders and special orders. Forward all invoices to the Retail Director weekly.
· Coordinate, setup/take-down and work during 2 employee/member clearance sales annually.
· Maintain visual merchandising, as directed by the Retail Director, which include, floor layout, signage, fixtures, merchandising displays, making sure the floor encourages easy traffic flow, grouped by category and there are no blind spots for shoplifters.
· Build one-to-one customer relationships which includes creating “buzz” about the shops and increase transactions per customer.
· Assist Retail Director with hiring, scheduling, and training of department staff as needed and other duties as assigned.
· May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed.
· Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties.
· Minimum of 2 years Retail or Sales related experience including some office administration experience.
· Proven work experience as a Visual Merchandiser
· Demonstratable visual design skills with merchandising portfolio
· Experience in merchandising window displays, creating chalkboard signs, interior displays.
· Outstanding customer/guest service/ skills with a friendly, enthusiastic, and helpful demeanor.
· Must be able to travel between and work at all clubs.
· Must be able to transfer merchandise between clubs as needed.
· Must be able to work mandatory quarterly physical inventories.
· Ability to work independently, as well as, with the group and take initiative.
· Must have strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
· Must have proven leadership skills.
· Basic marketing and selling concepts, advertising, publicity and selling.
· Must be a team player.
· Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
· Computer literate including proficiency in Word and Excel.
· Ability to maintain flexible schedule.
· Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training.
Physical Activity This position requires daily standing for long periods of time, walking, lifting, grasping, bending, kneeling, raising arms overhead to perform inventory and climbing a step stool. Sitting in a chair or on the floor for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally heavy lifting up to 40 pounds to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: assessing displays and merchandise. Preparing and analyzing orders and date. Viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
Work is performed in an indoor and occasionally outdoor environment. Possible exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes, mechanical and electrical hazards, and extreme warm temperature conditions typical to retail, health club and spa environments.