Lead Fitness Trainer - Sales & Training (full-time)
Long Beach, CA
Long Beach, CA
9Round Kickbox Fitness in Long Beach is dedicated to improving the lives of our members by making fitness FUN and for them to feel better in the process by increasing their confidence in order to live a more empowered life. We do this by creating a safe and supportive community to allow them to grow physically and mentally. Working at 9Round Kickbox Fitness is more than just a job, it's about making a difference in people's lives.
9Round Mission Statement: We empower members to reach their fitness goals, nine rounds at a time, in a fun, healthy and encouraging atmosphere.
If you think you have what it takes to be a 9Round trainer and part of the fastest growing fitness franchise in the nation, then this position is for you. No kickboxing experience needed. Full 9Round training provided. Sales and customer service backgrounds are helpful, with some training experience highly preferred.
*More than 700 locations worldwide
*World's Largest Kickboxing Franchise
*Named One of America's Top Workouts by Men's Health Magazine
JOB TITLE Lead Fitness Trainer - Sales & Training (full-time)
We are looking for energetic and self-motivated Lead Fitness Trainers. This is a great position for a candidate looking to grow with a dynamic small business backed by the world's largest kickboxing franchise.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide personal attention during a 9Round workout with high energy and with the ability to multitask
- Explain and demonstrate exercises in a manner that provides the best workout each and every time, while motivating members to reach their personal fitness goals
- Schedule and manage bookings for prospective members
- Convert the free first-time workouts into 9Round members
- Lead the effort to achieve monthly membership goals
- Create and implement social media content and maintain active presence
- Personalized and engaging lead generation and follow up to convert prospects into members
- Customer service via all forms of communication: in person, phone, email, text, etc.
- Maintain member relationships and cultivate referrals
- Ensure all Opening & Closing Procedures are completed as scheduled and outlined
- Keep the gym clean and all equipment organized and in working order at all times
- Follow a scheduled cleaning program to ensure members are always working out in a clean environment
- Keep inventory and supplies updated weekly
REQUIREMENTS The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills and education:
- Completion of 9Round Certified Trainer Program
- Completion of all 9Round Corporate Training Modules
- Minimum 2 years of training experience for personal or group fitness
- Proven leadership ability in an educational, fitness or professional setting
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and meet goals established by manager/owner
- Clear and articulate communication skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Computer literacy
- Physical effort required to carry out daily duties such as lifting supplies and gym equipment potentially in excess of 50lbs.
- Degree in related field (ex: Exercise Science, Physiology, Kinesiology, Sports Management)
- Active national training certification
- Bachelor's degree
QUALITIES FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Physically fit and committed to living a healthy lifestyle
- Passionate, intelligent and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry
- Assertive, high energy personality that is contagious
- E2 = Energy and Enthusiasm (our motto!!)
- A kickboxing or martial arts background is helpful, though no kickboxing experience is required
- Desire to help people achieve their fitness goals
- Someone who wants to have FUN, SMILE and LAUGH at work
- Knowledge of body movement fundamentalsand working out with correct form
- You are a natural leader and understand that there is no "I" in team
- You are outgoing and aren't afraid of sales
- Professional and punctual
- 9Round Trainer Certification Program
- Uniform and Equipment Starter Kit
- Bonus opportunities
- Complimentary gym membership for yourself and significant other
- Access to 9Round Nutrition Portal
- Eligible for promotion to a management position
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the gym.
9Round Long Beach is an equal opportunity employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
2018 Minimum wage in Long Beach, CA for small businesses with less than 25 employees is $10.50/hr.
APPLY with a COVER LETTER and share the 3 interesting characteristics, not skill related, about yourself that make you a good leader.
Average Pay Range $13-$16, eligible for bonuses based on high performance.
Do not apply if you, as the lead trainer, feel it is ok to be late to work or call in sick without having the shift covered. Do not apply if you are more interested in your personal goals, rather than working as part of a cohesive team.
9Round Long Beach
9Round has been delivering fast, effective kickboxing style workouts for over 10 years. Founded in 2008 by husband and wife, Shannon and Heather Hudson, in Greenville, South Carolina, the circuit training format provides a killer workout in just 30-minutes. With over 700 locations in 13 countries across the globe, 9Round continues to gain popularity as people search for a workout that they don't have to schedule their lives around. With no class times and a trainer included with each workout, 9Round makes fitness fun, affordable and accessible. Whether you're male or female, 19 or 91, 9Round makes you stronger in 30 minutes.
We, at 9Round, are on a mission. From the CEO to the Trainers running the floor, we're all about making members stronger in 30 minutes, physically and mentally.