Lead Backend Engineer
New York, NY
New York, NY
Lead Backend Engineer
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Data Insights team. This role is a hands-on engineering position responsible for the build and continued evolution of a cutting edge data platform. This next generation data platform will include a modern data processing and data persistence pipeline including technologies such as Hadoop/Spark (S3 + EMR), and NoSQL. In addition to the technical contributions, this role will be responsible for technical leadership and system architecture within the Data Insights Team.
- Real time data integration with AWS services involving message queues and streams: SQS, SNS and NoSQL data stores such as DynamoDB
- Design, develop, deploy and manage a reliable and scalable data analysis pipelines, using technologies including Python, Spark, Redshift and SQL Server
- Integration with 3rd party vendors via Restful Web APIs and Flat files
- Experience designing systems that leverage serverless compute tools such as AWS Lambda
- Act as a mentor and thought-leader within your team and the Equinox engineering group
- Plan strategic initiatives and work with Directors and VPs to create roadmaps and define architecture
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives to develop new capabilities, including hands-on development responsibilities
- Ability to integrate data from a variety of sources, assuring they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards
- Document processes and standard operating procedures
- Evaluate and conduct POC's with new technologies
- Bachelor's Degree Required: Computer Science or Engineering discipline preferred
- 5+ years technology experience working in an Engineering/Development/ Data Warehouse
- 5+ years developing with Python
- 3+ years working within a Data Warehouse environment
- 2+ years working with AWS public cloud (certification a plus)
- 2+ years working with MPP databases, distributed databases, and/or Hadoop
- Experience managing or leading small to medium sized engineering terms in dynamic environments
- Understanding of modern engineering design principles (distributed systems, stateless processes, etc)
- Understanding of Data Warehouse principles, including Kimbal-style Dimensional Modeling
- Creative, flexible, and quick to learn
- Work successfully in a multi-project, deadline driven environment, within Agile framework
- Expertise in SQL: 10 out of 10, SQL Ninja analytic capabilities, SQL ELT development and optimization on distributed systems.
- Experienced with NoSQL datastores & serverless environments
- Experience with Redshift a plus
- Experience with SQL Server a plus
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.