The Kroc Center is an ENERGIZING, FUN, FAST-PACED recreation, wellness and education center providing opportunities for people to connect, experience personal growth, and develop relationships. The Kroc is a top tier facility and a Nebraska treasure.
We are looking for an experienced, high energy Aquatics visionary to lead our aquatics team and implement next level Aquatics programming. Must be passionate about the benefits of participation in Aquatics and anxious to expand and develop new aquatic programs. A positive spirit, focus on safety, strong drive for excellence, and a desire to be part of a mission to develop potential in both employees and our community is required.
If these qualities describe you, we want you to become part of our team!
Job Summary/Primary Purpose: The Aquatics Manager is responsible for leading operations, developing and executing approved programming and overseeing staff management in the Aquatics area.
Work Schedule: Fulltime/Exempt, varied hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advance strategies to achieve sustained utilization and excellence in programming to accomplish sustainability and client satisfaction.
- Implement the short and long-range strategic vision and objectives for the Aquatics department as established by leadership through development of specific and measurable objectives and priorities.
- Establish and promote a culture in which excellent customer hospitality thrives, all guests feel welcome, and events and programming are well attended.
- Assure any emergency response follows TSA policy and clear and concise documentation is completed.
- Provide hands-on leadership and oversight of the aquatic department’s activities, classes and programs by researching issues and resolving routine matters in a timely manner.
- Monitor budgets and supply proper submissions of requests for equipment maintenance and purchasing along with maintaining current inventory.
- Oversee and ensure all safety standards are met including certification documentation of all staff.
- Create, track and review key performance indicators governing performance and proactively provide summary information and reports to leadership.
- Recruit, hire and train direct reports, ensuring a motivated, knowledgeable, and stable team.
- Establish clear goals and objectives for all staff to drive established departmental priorities.
- Implement Divisional and Kroc Center procedures regarding staff performance, training and development, discipline, and terminations.
- Assist in the development and promotion of community surveys and focus groups to determine needs and our success and/or perceptions in meeting those needs.
- Coordinate and actively participate in community events and outreach in order to effectively promote utilization of the Kroc Center as assigned by the Kroc Officers.
- Assure appropriate training and use of available technologies to maximize efficiencies and data collection.
- Coordinate with appropriate marketing efforts to support Kroc utilization by the community through the building of strong relationships and a consistent Kroc brand.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Aquatics Manager shall oversee all aquatics staff including, the Aquatics Assistant, Aquatics Lead, Aquatic Specialists and Aquatics Attendants.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study preferred
- Prefer at least 5 years of experience in developing, planning, management and supervising aquatic facilities and programs.
- Prefer at least 5 years previous experience in teaching a variety of aquatics programs.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Good communication skills including interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, train and develop staff to achieve objectives.
- English proficiency required; Spanish language skills helpful.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Exceptional flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team.
- Attention to detail, creative problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters
- Strong independent judgement.
- General computer knowledge is required to access payroll, timekeeping and personal data via a web-based system.
Other Qualifications: Must pass all applicable background checks. Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Cardiovascular Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR/AED/First Aid) is required and must be maintained on a yearly basis.
- Must successfully complete Safe from Harm training within 30 days of hire as established by The Salvation Army.
- A current certification to lead and certify American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid trainings for staff.
- A current Certified Pool Operator (CPO) License or a State PO certification upon hire until a CPO can be obtained.
- Ability to attain certification from the American Red Cross in Water Safety Instructors (WSI) and Lifeguards (LGT) within the first 90 days of employment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to swim and meet all physical capabilities required of a certified lifeguard and instructor of swimming lessons. Other physical requirements include good speaking, hearing and vision ability, and excellent manual dexterity. Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment. This position will require the ability to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds occasionally.
Working Conditions: The majority of the workday will be in a mixed environment including offices, well lighted indoor pool area throughout the year while considered humid and moderately loud in nature.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center Purpose Statement
Inspire people to discover their God given talents and develop their potential through artistic, educational, physical, and spiritual experiences in a Christ-centered atmosphere.