Kids Club Supervisor
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Kids Club Supervisor for a luxury hotel property in Miami, FL. The Kids Club Supervisor will oversee and run the Kids Club program. The Kids Club Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the club, the counselors and the budget for the program. The Supervisor will plan and implement all daily activities and special events for the camp for children ages 3 to 12 years old in a safe and enjoyable environment. Should possess a willingness to try new tasks, generates new ideas for change, evaluates and recognizes priorities, keeps current and integrates new information, communicate and acts as a role model and mentor for counselors.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Reports any incident or accident to the Spa & Leisure Director.
• Responsible for assisting in developing, creating, and implementing marketing materials as it relates to the Kids Club.
• Directly supervises and assists the kid's club camp counselors.
• Produces staff schedule of counselors.
• Implements theme ideas, activities, events and crafts as planned to meet the functional levels, needs and interests of each participant on a daily basis.
• Responsible for maintaining camp inventory.
• Reports to the Spa & Leisure Director needs for purchasing equipment, inventory items, activity supplies on a timely basis. Assists in placing orders for camp supplies.
• Follow all of the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions; all of which make up the essential functions of the job.
• Responsible for obtaining registration forms and all release forms for all participants in kids club where liability forms are needed.
• Maintain a log containing the number of participants attending kids club each day in order to track attendance.
• Assist in developing and implementing additional activities and ideas for the Club.
• Reports on a regular basis to the Spa & Leisure Director on all issues concerning Kids Club participants, parents, residents and guests in general.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe play/camp area at all times.
• Responsible for recording hours worked at the end of your shift.
• Responsible for maintaining open lines of communication and good rapport with children and parents of those children whom participate in the kid's club program.
• This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or directed.
• Ensures appropriate department/facility supervisory coverage through use of the Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participants in the MOD schedule.
• Must be able to close Front Desk in case of emergency, familiar with POS system and able to track revenue.
• While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. (E.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
• Four year certificate from college or technical school; or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Self-motivated, organized and goal oriented.
• Previous experience working with children.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy & procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Demonstrates active listening techniques, gains support through effective relationships, treats others with dignity and respect and seeks feedback.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasionally or no variables.
• Must be CPR/First Aid Certified
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.