Spinning - Group Boxing - Nutrition
Assistant Keyholder is responsible for overseeing the client experience in the Studio and ensuring a high level of customer service and cleanliness. The majority of the AK’s time will be spent elevating the client experience and ensuring that the Studio is kept fresh and flawless. As an “Ambassador of Vortes’s Brand Experience,” the AK directly leads and manages the Front Desk and Facilities Reps. The AK reports to the GM.
Regardless of the job title, all Vortex employees are responsible for creating a great fitness experience for all clients. This may mean pitching in to keep the Studio clean or filling in for another employee’s shift. A Vortex employee will do whatever is necessary to best serve the company and its clients.
The AK’s main responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
1. Developing a High Performing Team:
· Manage a high performing Front Desk Team focused on delivering a legendary client experience while creating an environment of trust, mutual respect and genuine concern for individual growth and development.
· Ensure that the Studio is appropriately staffed.
· Ensure that all Front Desk Team members receive a complete orientation and are informed of performance expectations.
· Ensure that all Front Desk Team members are provided with the necessary training to perform their job duties and deliver on expected results, evaluating and modifying the training plans as necessary.
· Provide specific and ongoing feedback, performance evaluations, and discipline as necessary to Front Desk Team members, partnering with the GM as appropriate.
· Properly utilize and maintain personnel files, personnel authorization forms, coaching logs and warning notices.
· Role model and require professionalism from all Front Desk Team members.
· Opening and closing duties
2. Achieving Measurable Results:
· Ensure that clients receive a high level of customer service and that the Studio is kept immaculately clean.
· Train and coach Front Desk Team members on customer service policies, procedures, standards and techniques and ensure that all Vortex employees consistently provide quality service.
· Drive product sales.
· Regularly interact with clients and obtain, assess and address information on client needs, expectations and levels of satisfaction.
· Respond to client requests and concerns promptly and effectively.
· Determine and analyze reasons for loss of clients and partner with the GM to create action plans to address common issues.
· Partner with the GM to effectively manage costs, including, but not limited to, costs for labor, supplies and equipment.
· Administer scheduling and bi-weekly payroll for direct reports.
3. Creating excellent studio environment:
· Inspire clients and staff to unlock their power of fitness.
· Educate clients about Vortex programs to alleviate anxiety and create a comfortable fitness environment.
· Role model and actively promote the flawless execution of Vortex’s Core Beliefs and Rituals by all Front Desk Team members, providing coaching and performance feedback as necessary.
· Ensure relevant and effective action plans are written, executed and followed up on to ensure that the Studio is kept clean and that the equipment is in good working order.
· Analyze client feedback and partner with other Studio managers to build action plans that effectively address the feedback.
· Quickly address any maintenance or equipment issues.
· Role model and enforce compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, attendance, dress code, time-keeping and code of conduct policies.
· Respond to Front Desk Team members’ questions, complaints and grievances, working with the GM as appropriate.
· 1-3 years of management experience in a fitness, hospitality or retail environment.
· Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of studio, bending and lifting (e.g., picking up towels, restacking of weights, moving of equipment as necessary), and ability to cover group exercise classes
· AED/CPR Certified
· Group exercise instruction experience preferred
· A LOVE for customer service (making people happy!)
· Amazing communication skills — must be able to set clear expectations and give/receive feedback clearly and effectively
· Able to work a non-traditional schedule. Able to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including evenings, holidays and weekends