Junior Tennis Coordinator
Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas, NV
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Junior Tennis Director. The Junior Tennis Coordinator promotes and develops tennis and athletic programs for children and teens by organizing tennis clinics, tournaments, and private and group lessons that encourage participation in the facility's tennis activities. They are responsible for the supervision of the tennis staff. The Junior Tennis Director provides lessons and offer advice and tips to players at all levels, from beginners to those at advanced stages.
- Work with the Facility Director/Tennis Director to coordinate junior tennis programming offered by the facility to create year-round participation in junior academies for all levels including summer camps, round robin events, socials, USTA team tennis and other junior classes that provide boys and girls of all levels ages 4-18 an opportunity to get involved.
- Earn recognition for the facility through successful player performance and improvement measured by USTA team success, tournament player success, continued and increased program enrollment and regular player advancement from beginning to advance classes).
- Be attentive to the initiatives of the tennis committee (if applicable), HOA (if applicable), WTS International and the tennis department as a whole, as they change throughout the year/season. Communicate regularly with appropriate staff on new and changing markets and ideas for children and teens.
- Schedule all children and teen USTA team activities—practices, matches, tournaments, captain, and player selection (if applicable).
- Maintain an organized and coordinated teaching schedule and communicate with supervisor on a regular basis to ensure all programs are correctly staffed.
- Attend and evaluate team matches when possible. Communicate with league coordinators and appropriate staff to prepare court reservations, team match locations, etc.
- Be helpful and flexible in scheduling private and small group lessons for both new residents or members and established players.
- Participate in marketing and promoting junior tennis programs both on the court during interaction with players as well as off the court working with facility staff to create advertisements, flyers, brochures, and seasonal program guides.
- Communicate with department staff to ensure everyone understands the recruiting process for tennis programs and communicate with facility staff to ensure front desk and registration processes are in place.
- Assist the appropriate staff in hiring process for part time tennis teaching assistants by being available for interview processes or recommending talented instructors.
- Provide excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Follows up on guest requests and comments.
- While on site, help ensure facility is accessed only by residents, members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Monitor the cleanliness, safety, and supplies of the tennis facilities by keeping a keen eye and reporting incidents or maintenance/supply needs to the appropriate personnel. Assist in the enforcement of all facility policies.
- Maintain an understanding of annual budgets for junior tennis programs and how they relate to the services, products, programs, and activities offered each season.
- Maintain an understanding of the registration processes, current and upcoming schedules, and general information for junior tennis programs.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Ensure all teaching aids and equipment are in good working order and make suggestions for replacement when necessary.
- Assist in facility maintenance, routine preventative maintenance, and repair.
- Assist in maintaining a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Have a deep knowledge of the intricacies of the game.
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills, easily relaying their wisdom to a variety of participants.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the courts and surrounding areas by patrolling the courts several times daily.
- Follow the court reservation system to ensure a smooth and even flow of traffic on and off courts.
- Offers all instructional services including private and semi-private lessons, small groups, clinics, team coaching, and tactics and strategy.
- Assist in the coordination of all social and competitive events including special tournaments.
- Participate in overseeing all pro shop and retail functions, where applicable.
- Promote the facility and its amenities to potential members when applicable.
- Remain up to date on teaching techniques and the latest equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or comparable work experience
- USPTA or USPTR certification and current membership
- USTA membership (4.5+ rated)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Email Applications
- 2+ years Junior Director or Head Tennis Professional experience working with juniors
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification
- Professional manner and appearance and ability to physically perform tennis instruction duties including standing for long periods, quick movements, and demonstrating skills
- Must be an experienced, strong, successful player
- Excellent customer service skills and strong work ethic
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.