Junior District Manager
YouFit Health Clubs
Home Club Responsibilities
• Recruit, hire, & develop the Personal Training staff
• Develop personal training staff ensuring timely completion of required
• Maintain all sales percentages & requirements
• Consistently achieve sales goals
• Assist the GM in the operation of the location
• Assist and manage administrative responsibilities including employee paperwork,
Personal Training payroll, and similar responsibilities
• Assist in the development of front desk staff
• Create additional traffic & generate sales
• Work closely with the GM to maintain member relationships & cultivate referrals
• This position only directs the operations of the Personal Training Department and
does not consist of conducting training sessions.
Additional Club Responsibilities
• Supervise and oversee all Fitness Directors at these locations
• Coach Assistant Directors and Fitness Directors on the policies, procedures, and
operations of a club, and how to create & manage a successful team through ongoing training and development
• Oversee sales, marketing, reporting, and retention management. Identify
corporate prospects and other avenues of business generation
• Motivate and create excitement within your team
• Liaison between Clubs and Corporate
• Attend all corporate regional team calls, regular calls with other district and
regional management in your area, and with your direct supervisor
• Communicate with each location on a daily basis and fill in for Fitness Directors
when necessary. Must be involved in staff, facility, sales, & customer issues.
Leadership, hiring/interviewing skills, administrative, multi staff management skills, Youfit certifications, YFU assignments, embrace of Youfit’s Core Values & Code of Ethics
This position has direct supervisory responsibility of all YC Directors and the entire PT department of each of those locations in the JDM’s assigned clubs.
This role operates in a gym fitness center environment
● While performing the duties of this role, the team member is regularly required to talk
● This is largely a sedentary role with some bending, stooping, and lifting up to 50 pounds
● Long periods of standing are required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position (exempt/salaried). Days and hours worked are typically Monday
through Friday. This position may require extended work hours including some weekend hours.
This position requires regular travel to clubs being overseen.
Required Education and Experience
● Must meet Youfit’s outlined education and training requirements equivalents for Level 2
YouCoaches, as outlined in designated compensation plan unless a higher level is
achieved (60 days to complete a CPT/CPR, plus an additional 30 days to complete
remaining Level 2 education). Certifications must remain active and renewed prior to
● Previous sales experience
● Previous management experience
● Strong oral and written communication skills required
● Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and
visitors on a daily basis
● Prior experience in personal training or group fitness
● College degree in a related field is a bonus!
● Physical effort required to carry out daily duties such as lifting supplies and gym
equipment potentially in excess of 50lbs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Youfit Health Clubs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.