Janitor - Full Time
Land O' Lakes, FL
Land O' Lakes, FL
WTS International, the world's leading leisure, lifestyle and fitness firm, is seeking a full time Janitor in Land O' Lakes, FL. The Janitor is responsible for the amenities overall cleanliness and performing light maintenance in all interior and exterior areas. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar role.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for residents by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International.
- Performs all assigned janitorial duties through a daily, weekly and monthly checklist.
- Cleans all areas within the clubhouse to include, but not limited to, restrooms, locker rooms, gym, multi-purpose room, café, offices and hallways.
- Handles all trash removal inside and outside of the clubhouse
- Mops and vacuums floors when applicable
- Greets residents with a warm welcome.
- Maintains inventory of all supplies
- Assists with the set up and break down of various areas within the clubhouse and on the pool decks.
- Performs all assigned preventive maintenance tasks such as power and window washing, wind screen repair, painting, changing lightbulbs, etc.
- Ensures all equipment, public areas, and outdoor amenity spaces are maintained and in presentable order.
- Cleans walkways, facades, precast, entry ways to the clubhouse when necessary.
- Operates and properly maintains various types of electrical and mechanical equipment to include but not limited to leaf blower, sander, power washer, drill, power tools, carpet cleaners, etc.
- Performs all assigned work order requests.
- Ensures all maintenance tasks are performed in a timely and professional manner.
- Responds to all emergency situations and informs the Manager on Duty of any incidents or accidents in a timely manner.
- Maintains a log of all work performed, parts/equipment needed, or parts used in all work requests.
- Notifies the Manager on Duty about status and any follow up, if necessary of daily tasks.
- Reports any incident or accidents to management. Ability to follow procedures in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Prefer diploma from a trade school or equivalent.
- One year minimum of previous maintenance experience in the hospitality field, i.e. condominiums, apartment complexes, spas or hospitals.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand, sit and walk for long period of times
- This job requires bending, standing, sitting, lifting and other physically demanding positions.
- Hands on repair and maintenance experience in air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, or pool equipment will be preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of managing, planning and organizing facility maintenance and repair activities with the ability to address the technical matters involved.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance. Wears proper uniform at all times.
- Strong team player with ability to have positive and productive work relationships with other employees and departments.
- Must be able to keep calm and composed while under pressure.
- Ability to work in a demanding work environment and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to provide the highest quality of service to residents at all times.
-Ability to adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies of the spa and the hotel.
- Language skills to include reading and interpreting documents, such as safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, writing reports and correspondence, and speaking effectively before guests and employees.
-Ability to reason and problem solve to be able to carry out instructions and dealing with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.