IT Support Specialist
Greenwood Village, CO
Where else can you work in an industry that changes lives and is defined by words like confidence, energy, strength and happiness? You have the opportunity to join an industry leader and make an impact by supporting technologies for every location.
Who we are:
Wellbridge owns and manages 19 premier athletic clubs and spas across the U.S., including Colorado Athletic Club. Our clubs support the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active. It’s where associates become your friends and our members feel like family.
What our IT Support Specialists are all about:
We’re looking for an IT wizard who enjoys the role of ensuring proper computer operations so all Wellbridge Associates can do what they do best! This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests.
Our Support Specialists take pride in providing exceptional customer service and being hands on with all technologies at the desktop level. They are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
Some major responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
What you’re all about:
- Fielding incoming requests from end users via telephone and call tickets from Spiceworks. This also includes retrieving voice mail resulting from overflow or after-hours calls and returns the calls promptly. Efficiently determine the nature of callers' problems. Communicate with users in a non-technical fashion. Recommend and/or provide assistance as appropriate.
- Assisting end users with the installation and upgrading of desktop operating systems, application software, and network access software. Install new computers and connect them to a local area network or set up for remote access.
- Assisting users in the use of the Internet including retrieval of information and updating of web pages.
- Installing new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- You have a passion for technology and are always striving to sharpen your skills.
- You’re a problem solver and enjoy working closely with end users.
- You’re knowledgeable of personal computers (PC’s) and servers including Windows Operating System (Client and Server), networking environments, hardware, and more.
- You are articulate and value the importance of being an effective communicator both in writing and verbally.
- You have an excellent phone demeanor and are experienced in solving problems over the phone.
- You have the ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult technical nature.
- You take full responsibility for whatever issues come up and insist on seeing processes through to successful conclusion.
Why we’re a great company to join!
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) in a Computer related field or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and nine months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A+ certification preferred.
- Network + certification preferred.
- Knowledge and proficient in use of Microsoft Office application; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper backup procedures and use of software.
- Understanding of server maintenance.
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- You’ll enjoy a complementary membership!
- You’ll have access to ALL of our high-end facilities and receive discounted rates on extra club services including massage and even skin care.
- We care about our employees and provide a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life, AD&D and Voluntary Insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- We’re located in the Denver Tech Center
- We provide the opportunity to strategize, learn, lead and grow!
Wellbridge owns and operates 7 unique brands of full-service, premiere athletic and tennis clubs in the country. Established more than 30 years ago with one location in CO, we have grown to 19 locations spanning 7 states. We proudly employ more than 3,000 team members and serve a growing membership community of more than 37,000 members.
We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative and empowering environment. Our culture encourages managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork, and promotes innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong and dynamic environment. This allows us to live our mission of delivering the best for and through our employees, our members, and our community.