IT Support Engineer
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking an IT Support Engineer. Founded in 1973, WTS is one of the world's largest and most experienced full-service leisure firms. For over 40 years, we have provided conceptual planning, feasibility studies, design consultation, pre-opening preparation and daily operations/management services for spas, fitness centers, athletic facilities and leisure complexes worldwide. Our clients include hotels and resorts, private golf and country clubs, luxury hi-rise residential sites, free standing athletic clubs, office and mixed-use projects and both multi-family and master-planned community developments.
The IT Support Engineer for our corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD will be responsible for providing tier 1 and 2 support to WTS staff and clients in both onsite and remote environments. This individual will also assist the IT Manager in administrative duties of the WTS network systems, provide expertise in end-user systems management and deployments, and other projects as assigned. In addition to knowledge of current Microsoft desktop operating systems and Office suites, this individual is expected to become knowledgeable in the various CRM and Point of Sale systems that WTS provides to its diverse client base. The ideal candidate will be personable with excellent communication skills over the phone, have the ability to work with end-users needing expert support in sometimes time sensitive situations, be logical and able to work an issue to its successful resolution, and be curious and willing to learn more about computer and networking technologies. WTS offers exceptional opportunities for internal career advancement.
- Excellent client support and liaison skills
- At least 2-3 years working in a technical support capacity
- MCP certifications or equivalent experience
- Ability to document and log client issues and resolutions
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems from Win7 to Win10
- Exposure to Citrix ICA or MS RDP client deployment and troubleshooting
- Ability to configure Microsoft networks, setup resource shares, and assign drive mappings
- Experience using or building tools to automate support and deployment tasks
- Ability to triage emergency support issues
- Ability to "think beyond the desktop" and remain cognizant of your interactions with both clients and technology and how they will positively enhance the WTS mission and reputation
In addition to the basic qualifications listed above, the skills below are highly preferred:
- Exposure to and knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365 concepts and administration
- Experience with Citrix and Microsoft Remote Desktop concepts and administration
- Knowledge of DHCP, IP routing, port forwarding, VPN, and firewall concepts
- Exposure to MS SQL, Exchange, and IIS Servers
- Experience with scripting frameworks including Powershell
- Experience in supporting point of sales systems and hardware
- Experience in phone system administration (3CX)
- Microsoft or other IT certifications (MCSE, AWS, etc.)
- Exposure to spa, fitness center, or hotel operations
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.