HR Benefits Administrator
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is pleased to announce we are seeking a Benefits Administrator for our Corporate Headquarters Office in Rockville, MD. The HR Benefits Administrator is responsible for administration of employee benefits in all company operations. As needed, this position provides special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans. Benefits manager surveys industry and/or community to determine company's competitive position in employee benefits. This position develops, recommends and installs approved, new or modified plans and employee benefits policies and supervises administration of existing plans. This position develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee. In addition, the Benefits Administrator ensures that all leaves of absence are recorded and adhere to Federal, State and local law stipulations. This position also takes care of worker's compensation intakes and initial follow up.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to:
- Maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and
- Obtain uniform benefits package for all company locations, where possible.
- Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develop census data and solicit insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotation and make recommendations to management. Develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment. Advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Audit all benefit deductions and reconcile benefit invoices for all plans
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Administer 401k plan including eligibility, enrollment, periodic testing and year end testing. Work with Controller and CPA on 5500 filing and audit of plan.
- Work with Controller on monitoring claims for self-funded health/dental plan.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Administer medical leave of absence according to Federal, States and local laws. Handle the Worker's compensation initial intakes.
- Two years of professional experience in developing and managing employee health and benefit insurance programs
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business or similar area preferred.
- Previous experience in an office environment a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details. Self-starter mindset with an eye for detail.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel, with a customer service focus.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and must be a self-starter with an eye for detail.
- Must be able to complete projects within the allotted time parameters.
- Experience with employee management software systems (PeopleSoft, ADP, iCIMS, Payforce, etc.)
- Must feel comfortable enforcing requirements and rules.
- Availability: Normal office hours.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- This position required the ability to reach, stand, walk, push, and pull.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: lifting, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing and talking.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculator, fax machine and copier.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.