When should a health club, gym or fitness studio hire a fitness staffing firm? There are several reasons to consider hiring a staffing firm.
1. When an owner wants to replace a key management employee and keep the search confidential.
2. When the demands of recruiting overwhelm the current staff.
3. When the current recruiter/s doesn’t have enough experience.
4. When the current process is not getting favorable results, resulting in constant turnover and poor financial performance.
5. When ownership decides to make a commitment to developing a top performing team and not excepting poor performance any longer.
The above 5 reasons to hire a fitness staffing firm are commonplace in the fitness industry as well as most small to medium-sized businesses. Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training employees is a lot of work and requires a professional approach. No one wants to waste resources on bad hires!
Payroll is typically the biggest expense a business has. If you are a business owner, doesn’t it make sense to make sure everyone on your payroll is helping “row the boat” in the right direction, with pride, enthusiasm and clear expectations of what their job is and the mission of the company?
When a company has that type of synergy with their team, their business is more successful and more profitable; without exception.
Many fitness businesses don’t want to reach out for help from a fitness staffing firm because they think this type of service will be very expensive. “Not so,” says Alan Cohen, founder and President of FitnessJobs.com. The easiest way to justify the cost is by doing a quick assessment of your current financial performance. If your fitness business is not meeting your financial expectations and has been performing at that level for over 12 months, it’s time to right the ship. The cost of a fitness staffing firm is much lower than years past because of technology. You may need short-term assistance or choose to outsource some of your staffing requirements long-term. There are lots of options available. If your health club, gym or studio would like a complimentary assessment of your recruiting process, contact Alan Cohen at 800-259-4397