Housekeeping / Maintenance Lead
Tampa, FL 33602
Harbour Island Athletic Club
A Wellbridge Company
We are looking for a Housekeeping / Maintenance Lead to assist with the management of our housekeeping and facility staff while also managing the daily maintenance of our state-of-the art tennis courts!
Who we are:
Harbour Island Athletic Club is Tampa’s premier fitness, aquatics and tennis club with top-of -line amenities and cutting edge programs. Our club has been recognized as one of the top ten Athletic Clubs in the country and supports the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active.
What our Housekeeping Leads are all about:
Our Housekeeping Leads take pride in the overall cleanliness and organization of our clubs. They ensure consistent execution of company standards that deliver efficient, helpful and friendly service. They are hands-on with housekeeping duties and assist in coordinating and monitoring the work flow of the housekeeping department.
Our Housekeeping Leads are responsible for recommending process and procedural improvements while working closely with the Facility Manager regarding department needs and staffing. They train and coach housekeeping staff and assist in scheduling activities to ensure continuous coverage.
Additional responsibilities include:
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Providing ongoing training and instruction to staff members in the performance of daily job tasks, procedures, and quality standards.
- Provide input to the Facility Manager on staff performance, training requirements, and related administrative issues.
- Assist in the scheduling of housekeeping/maintenance staff.
- Assist with maintenance items that relate to the club including all outdoor areas.
- Assist and support Facility manager and staff with all related maintenance duties including tennis court maintenance.
- Keeping equipment and supplies in order and requests re-supply when needed.
What you’re all about:
- This person will be standing 95% of their shift.
- Daily lifting of items weighing between 5-51 lbs.; some specialized lifting may be required.
- Frequent bending, stretching, straining, stooping, kneeling, walking up and down stairs, and exposure to various weather conditions.
- Repetitive arm and shoulder use, including gripping and grasping.
- Pushing carts, vacuums and mops.
- Using wrist (right or left) for cleaning, dusting, bagging.
- Some exposure, inhalation to chemical fumes and skin contact with chemicals.
Why we’re a great company to join!
- You are a self-motivated and detail oriented professional with demonstrated experience and training in the areas of cleaning and maintenance.
- Ideally, you have previous lead and/or supervisory experience though it is not required.
- If you are bi-lingual we see that as a bonus.
- You’ll enjoy a complementary membership!
- We have state-of-the-art exercise equipment and resources.
- And much, much more!
Wellbridge owns and operates 7 unique brands of full-service, premiere athletic and tennis clubs in the country. Established more than 30 years ago with one location in CO, we have grown to 19 locations spanning 7 states. We proudly employ more than 3,000 team members and serve a growing membership community of more than 37,000 members.
We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative and empowering environment. Our culture encourages managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork, and promotes innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong and dynamic environment. This allows us to live our mission of delivering the best for and through our employees, our members, and our community.