Tough Mudder Bootcamp Burlington seeks a creative, collaborative, passionate fitness professional to serve as a head trainer for Tough Mudder Bootcamp classes. Successful trainers will need to be friendly, outgoing, possess a strong fitness background, and excel at bringing customers together in a teamwork-focused environment. In addition to these core traits of a successful trainer, Head Trainer's will need to possess excellent managerial skills and experience with training other fitness professionals.
Tough Mudder's mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we've built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. In just five years, we've had over two million people participate in 100+ events across three continents, and opened international offices in the US, UK and Australia.
Tough Mudder is now leveraging its fitness expertise to launch Tough Mudder Bootcamp - a novel, class-based fitness training gym. The training classes are focused on the values of camaraderie, teamwork, fun and personal accomplishment. Each class is a HIIT functional fitness focused class, lasting approximately 45 minutes, with a capacity of up to 24 people.
● Develop a deep understanding of the Tough Mudder Bootcamp training philosophy
● Deliver training/re-training of other trainers at a given Bootcamp location
● Prepare for Tough Mudder Bootcamp classes in advance via review of detailed lesson plans
● Assist in gym set-up prior to class and re-organization / clean-up post class
● Facilitate and orchestrate TMB classes from start to finish:
○ Provide professional instruction of predetermined workouts
○ Provide personalized attention and individual coaching
○ Provide class leadership
○ Run Tough Mudder Bootcamps proprietary training tech platform
○ Provide modifications to a variety of skill levels
○ Provide a safe working environment for athletes
○ Motivate and Inspire others
● Aggregate feedback from customers/trainers on classes and report feedback to GM, Owner, and TM Director of training
● Conduct 30/60/90 reviews with Trainers
● Coach and behave in a way that is in line with Tough Mudder Values
○ High School Diploma
○ CPR + AED up to date Certification
○ 3+ years experience (within last 3 years) running group exercise classes
○ 3+ years experience (within last 3 years) providing excellent customer service
○ Experience managing a team of trainers
○ Excellent communication skills and commanding presence in gym arena
○ Desire to build community and improve individual performance
○ Organizational skill / proven attention to detail
○ Intermediate knowledge in physiology, exercise science, and body mechanics.
○ Experience teaching bootcamp, HIIT, CrossFit or other functional fitness type workouts
○ Basic Computer Literacy
○ Have run at least 1 Tough Mudder event
● Competitive compensation for classes taught
● Industry leading training opportunity with Tough Mudder / Functional fitness expert
● Opportunity to work as part of entrepreneurial, fast paced team on exciting training concept