Head of Program Management
New York, NY
New York, NY
Head of Program Management
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. Equinox and its portfolio of affiliated brands including Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels, are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking an experienced Director of Program Management to lead the project management function for a new business that sits at the intersection between digital and physical. As the Head of Program Management you'll report to the Chief Product Officer and be responsible for managing multiple workstreams - physical and digital, at times complex, and always across multiple teams. You will also have direct responsibility for the PMO as that function grows. The successful candidate will be relentless, detail-oriented, and insist on understanding the "what" and the "why" behind everything so that you can combine empathy and proactive/creative problem solving with an iron grip on the schedule.
- Establish project plans with milestones and deliverables.
- Be clear on scope, timing, cost, resourcing, and risks.
- Able to get past the "when" to truly understand the rationale behind the "why" and the blockers that they'll need to help resolve
- Hire and develop a team of project managers and design a project management center of excellence.
- Understand the ambiguous nature of program management in a startup environment balanced with the rigor needed for detail and airtight plans
- Collate and communicate status at the executive level as well as the ground level - being able to go deep at the drop of a hat, while also being able to hit the headlines for a quick summary.
- Use data and feedback from participants and peers to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with partner company teams and agencies to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Experience working in an enterprise software environment where things like scalability, security, documentation, and analytics are critical.
- Experience with at least some of the following: high performance streaming video applications, data-heavy/personalized products, hardware and IRL tie-ins.
- Minimum 7-10 years in digital project/program management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Technical prowess
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Positive, Results-Oriented Attitude
- Experience managing/mentoring staff
- Personal passion for fitness and/or fit-tech
- Project management experience in the physical space as well as digital
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.