Head of Data Science
New York, NY
New York, NY
Head of Data Science
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
As the Head of Data Science you will be responsible for supporting analytic use cases and data science, with specific focus on digital consumer products. You will work closely with the business, as well as technical resources on the Data Insights and broader Technology teams. You will be looked upon to lead team road-maps, present to executives, drive the career development of your team members, and influence all facets of the company's data science strategies. As the leader of our data science team, you will also be responsible for building on the exceptional the culture of the team, attracting extraordinary data science talent, and elevating the role of data science in the company. That work includes defining technical road-maps and driving alignment with less technical partners. You wear product and project management hats with ease ensuring the success and impact of your work across domains. You care deeply about the growth and well-being of your team and coworkers and bring a servant leadership mentality to every challenge you face. Building a cohesiveness within the team, but also across technical teams within the organization, will be key to the success of this role. You will truly enjoy what they do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things.
- Work hand-in-hand with the business to solve difficult analytic problems, both tactical and strategic using conventional analytics and data science
- Drive product management responsibility for analytics products and AI digital product capabilities
- Lead by example through dedication, flexibility, and an openness to finding the best solution to a problem, collaborating effectively across the organization
- Collaborate hands on with business, data scientist, and analyst to develop new analytic features using various analytics and machine learning techniques
- Partner closely with data and digital engineering teams to productionalize these new analytic features
- Design, develop, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data and to provide intuitive analytics to our partner teams.
- Make Equinox data more discoverable and easy to use for Data Scientists and Analysts across the company
- Collaborate with other specialists and Data Scientists to discover the best solutions
- Improve and invest in you team to grow them personally and technically
- You have consistent track record of success spanning 5+ years working in an analytic role with 3+ years working in data science or advanced analytics
- You lead tech leads, and/or people managers and/or ICs (Individual Contributors) in a data science setting for 2+ years
- You are comfortable directing efforts to solve complex and highly impactful quantitative problems.
- You are experienced in selection and application of machine learning techniques, both supervised and unsupervised: regression, clustering
- You have hands-on experience and strong working knowledge of data science tooling: notebooks (Jupyter, Zeppelin), Python: Numpy, Pandas, Scikit, Matplotlib
- You are knowledgeable in SQL language for querying and data manipulation
- You have understanding with Redshift/Spark/Hadoop
- You are familiar with writing user/technical stories, working and project management systems (Jira, Trello)
- You excel at documentation with depth expertise in Confluence or other Wiki systems You have expertise around GDPR compliance
- You are creative, flexible, and quick to learn
- You master communication with excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- You support and have knowledge of agile development practices
- You are a strong leader with a passion for growing teams, finding creative solutions, and building incredible products
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.