WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking part time Hair Stylists for a luxury hotel spa property on the Las Vegas Strip. Hairstylists provide a wide range of hair care services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring and styling. Hairstylists also sell beauty products. Apply today for immediate consideration or submit your details via chat!
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values, Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Performs hair services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
• Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
• Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
• Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
• Recommends products for home use.
• Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current certifications.
• Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
• Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
• Understands all aspects of hair cutting to include precision cutting, razor, clipper, and thinning shears.
• Possesses proficient styling skills to include setting the hair on hot rollers, curling irons, Velcro rollers, etc.
• Creates stylish updos with techniques of extensions, braiding, platting, etc.
• Performs chemical services to include color, perms, and straightening techniques.
• Performs shampoo treatments and various scalp massage techniques.
• Begins and ends all appointments on time.
• Works assigned schedule.
• Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Informs Spa Director of product needs.
• Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes when appropriate.
• Completes all assigned side work.
• Attends all scheduled meetings.
• Attends schedules professional trainings.
• Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Previous hair stylist experience preferred.
• Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
• Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Strong team player.
• Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to stand for long periods.
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
• Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• This position requires the following abilities: balancing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: scissors, blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, color products, brushes, combs, curlers, clips, foils, and bleach.
• Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, mist, fumes, odors, chemicals, and burns.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.