Miami Beach, FL
Miami Beach, FL
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Hair Stylist. Hair Stylists provide a wide range of hair care services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring and styling. Hair Stylists also sell beauty products.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values, Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
- Performs hair services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
- Recommends products for home use.
- Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current certifications.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Understands all aspects of hair cutting to include precision cutting, razor, clipper, and thinning shears.
- Possesses proficient styling skills to include setting the hair on hot rollers, curling irons, Velcro rollers, etc.
- Creates stylish updos with techniques of extensions, braiding, platting, etc.
- Performs chemical services to include color, perms, and straightening techniques.
- Performs shampoo treatments and various scalp massage techniques.
- Begins and ends all appointments on time.
- Works assigned schedule.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Spa Director of product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends schedules professional trainings.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous hair stylist experience preferred.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- This position requires the following abilities: balancing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: scissors, blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, color products, brushes, combs, curlers, clips, foils, and bleach.
- Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, mist, fumes, odors, chemicals, and burns.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.