San Diego, CA
San Diego, CA
Hairstylists provide a wide range of hair care services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring and styling. Hairstylists also sell beauty products.
• Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
• Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
• Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all services presently offered.
• Recommends products for home use with a minimum service to sales ratio of 25%.
• Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current certifications.
• Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the facility.
• Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
• Understands all aspects of hair cutting to include precision cutting, razor, clipper, and thinning shears.
• Possesses proficient styling skills to include setting the hair on hot rollers, curling irons, Velcro rollers, etc.
• Creates stylish up-dos with techniques of extensions, braiding, platting, etc.
• Performs chemical services to include color, perms, and straightening techniques.
• Performs shampoo treatments and various scalp massage techniques.
• Begins and ends all appointments on time.
• Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Informs facility director of product needs.
• Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes, when appropriate.
• Completes all assigned side work.
• Attends all scheduled meetings.
• Attends schedules professional trainings.
• Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED
• Previous hair stylist experience preferred
• Must maintain all current licenses and certifications that are required on a state and local level
• Customer service experience, preferably in a salon or spa
• Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Strong team player
• Must be comfortable with product recommendation
• Ability to stand for long periods
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.