Gym Manager (full-time)
Long Beach, CA
Long Beach, CA
9Round Kickbox Fitness in Long Beach is dedicated to improving the lives of our members by making fitness FUN and for them to feel better in the process by increasing their confidence in order to live a more empowered life. We do this by creating a safe and supportive community to allow them to grow physically and mentally. Working at 9Round Kickbox Fitness is more than just a job, it's about making a difference in people's lives.
9Round Mission Statement: We empower members to reach their fitness goals, nine rounds at a time, in a fun, healthy and encouraging atmosphere.
If you think you have what it takes to be a 9Round trainer and part of the fastest growing fitness franchise in the nation, then this position is for you. No kickboxing experience needed. Full 9Round training provided. Sales and customer service backgrounds are helpful, with some training experience highly preferred.
*More than 700 locations worldwide
*World's Largest Kickboxing Franchise
*Named One of America's Top Workouts by Men's Health Magazine
JOB DESCRIPTION Gym Manager (full-time)
Under the direction of the owner, the manager is responsible for the overall operation, maintenance, and success of the gym. The manager is a leader in the industry, shows initiative, always leads by example, and eagerly embraces 9Round's vision to create the best member experience possible. This is a great position for a candidate with creative thought looking to be a proponent for growing a dynamic small business backed by the world's largest kickboxing franchise.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure personal attention is being provided by trainers during every 9Round workout with high energy and with the ability to multitask, participate as necessary
- Ensure trainers are explaining and demonstrating exercises in a manner that provides the best workout each and every time, while motivating members to reach their personal fitness goals, participate as necessary
- Sell Memberships with a focus on total revenue brought in each month
- Achieve monthly sales goals established with owner
- Develop strategy for and manage 9Round Social Media Presence (Facebook, Instagram, and others) by creating content and videos that build brand loyalty and increase exposure to all potential demographics.
- Develop and execute monthly marketing plans with owner, within a monthly budget, which may include the following, or others: Trade Shows, Health Fairs, Business to Business relationships, Corporate partnerships
- Personalized and engaging lead generation/re-generation and follow up to convert prospects into members
- Maintain excellent customer service with current members, follow up with them to keep them engaged with our 9Round Family, and cultivate member referrals
- Customer service via all forms of communication: in person, phone, email, text, social media, etc.
- Resolve past due memberships
- Ensure the gym is kept clean and all equipment organized and in working order at all times.
- Ensure all Opening & Closing Procedures are completed as scheduled and outlined.
- Develop a scheduled cleaning program and ensure team members carry out tasks in a high quality, timely manner
- Order inventory and supplies as needed
- Work closely with owner to hire, properly train, and motivate employees
- Drive the educational training, development, and performance review of employees in a timely manner, and help facilitate the latest knowledge in the fitness industry
- Conduct monthly team trainings/meetings and inform employees of all marketing promotions and new policies, and provide guidance toward achieving individual career and company goals
- Provide sales support and training to staff to maintain a high conversion rate
- Manage work schedule for all employees
- Mediate and resolve employee relations matters
- Maintain a focus on keeping expenses low, including payroll expenses, to maximize profit growth
- Ensure employees consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness
- Maintain the security and safety of the gym, members, guests, and confidential information
- Any and all duties required to run a successful, profitable gym that adheres to the Franchise Standards
REQUIREMENTS The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills and education:
- Completion of 9Round Certified Trainer Program
- Completion of all 9Round Corporate Training Modules
- Minimum 2 years of training experience for personal or group fitness
- Minimum 1 year of sales experience with demonstrated ability to drive sales and meet established goals
- Proven leadership ability in an educational, fitness or professional setting
- Clear and articulate communication skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Education or hands on experience with creating and branding social media content
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Computer literacy
- Physical effort required to carry out daily duties such as lifting supplies and gym equipment potentially in excess of 50lbs.
- Degree in related field (ex: Exercise Science, Physiology, Kinesiology, Sports Management)
- Consultative sales experience
- Current national training certification
- Bachelor's degree
QUALITIES FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Physically fit and committed to living a healthy lifestyle
- Passionate, intelligent and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry
- Detail oriented, hardworking, accountable
- Creative, personalityhigh energy personality that is contagious
- Someone who wants to have FUN, SMILE and LAUGH at work
- Strong leadership ability with the understanding that there is no "I" in team
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Comfortable closing sales by building relationships and selling the value of 9Round
- Comfortable creating videos and content in a gym settingCreative thinking and ability to execute a formal marketing plan
- Comfortable communicating with all demographics by all avenues (face to face, phone calls, text, email, social media, group settings, etc.)
- Develop new business and marketing opportunities while fostering the relationship with current members
- Must be available to be in the gym building relationships with members a set number of hours each week
- Professional, above all else
- 9Round Trainer Certification Program
- Uniform and Equipment Starter Kit
- Bonus opportunities
- Complimentary gym membership for yourself and significant other
- Access to 9Round Nutrition Portal
- Eligible for promotion to a higher-level management position
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the gym.
9Round Long Beach is an equal opportunity employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
2018 Minimum wage in Long Beach, CA for small businesses with less than 25 employees is $10.50/hr.
APPLY with a COVER LETTER and share the 3 interesting characteristics, not skill related, about yourself that make you capable of managing the continued growth of this gym.
Salary based on 40 hours per week, plus bonus (after probationary period is completed).
Interviews begin September 2018.
Interview steps include a phone interview, a 9Round workout, a formal interview, references check, and background check.
Do not apply if:
-You are looking for an opportunity to brand yourself, as an individual, rather than nurturing a dynamic team.
-You, as a manager, feel it is ok to be late to work or call in sick without having the shift covered.
9Round Long Beach
9Round has been delivering fast, effective kickboxing style workouts for over 10 years. Founded in 2008 by husband and wife, Shannon and Heather Hudson, in Greenville, South Carolina, the circuit training format provides a killer workout in just 30-minutes. With over 700 locations in 13 countries across the globe, 9Round continues to gain popularity as people search for a workout that they don't have to schedule their lives around. With no class times and a trainer included with each workout, 9Round makes fitness fun, affordable and accessible. Whether you're male or female, 19 or 91, 9Round makes you stronger in 30 minutes.
We, at 9Round, are on a mission. From the CEO to the Trainers running the floor, we're all about making members stronger in 30 minutes, physically and mentally.