Group Fitness Manager - Paramus
Group Fitness Manager - Paramus
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Group Fitness Manager to join the team in Parmaus, NJ. This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising the group fitness staff and operations of the group fitness program to ensure the highest level of programming and customer service
- Assisting the club in achieving its overall goals
- Recruiting, hiring, training, motivating, directing, coaching and evaluating group fitness instructors and classes
- Ensuring that the group fitness studios are well maintained
- Ensuring a high level of member participation in the group fitness program
- Maintaining monthly payroll expenses and supply expenses at or below budget
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Must possess current CPR and national group fitness certification
- Minimum of 3-year experience as a group fitness instructor
- Be an enthusiastic and friendly leader with the ability to recruit, hire, direct and train staff
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management, organizational and follow-up skills are essential
- Management experience is required
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.