Group Fitness Instructors- Anthem Row
Group Fitness Instructors- Anthem Row
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are looking for energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Group Fitness Instructors to join the Equinox team. This is a great position for candidates looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
- Supervise and lead participants in an instructional environment
- Provide each member and potential member with the best quality customer service
- Adhere to the description of the class and modify the intensity for participants when necessary
- Continuously monitor the exercise intensity throughout the duration of the class;
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ensure class begins and ends on time
- Communicate with Group Fitness Manager on member likes and dislikes, equipment and operational status, scheduling, and subbing
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a current Group Exercise Leader Certification (ACE, AFAA, ECITS, ACSM are acceptable) or a degree or certification in a related field
- Must be skilled in teaching and presenting the specific class being taught and have proven experience in teaching fitness classes in a fitness club to adult clientele
- Must possess and maintain current CPR certification
- Must be well-versed in basic anatomy, kinesiology, contraindicated exercises, exercise modifications for all populations and ACSM Guidelines for frequency, intensity, duration, and mode
- Must be eager to learn and continue professional development and education
- Must be friendly, vibrant, and outgoing
- Must be computer literate and be able to communicate effectively via email and phone
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a high degree of energy, and ability to endure workouts
- Must be able to perform all essential physical aspects of the position which may include standing, sitting, running, walking, jumping, squatting, bending, and reaching. As well as pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs at a time
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.