Group Fitness Instructor
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Group Fitness Instructor, preferrably Zumba certified. The Group Fitness Instructor is responsible for providing quality fitness and exercise programs designed to meet the needs of members, residents or guests.
- Ensuring that a safe and healthy environment exists for exercising
- Arriving to teach class in advance of the scheduled time to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns
- Dressing appropriately for teaching exercise classes
- Arriving well-prepared, music cued and routine thought out
- Knowing the names of participants who attend your classes
- Sharing educational information with your class participants
- Teaching classes with energy and enthusiasm
- Motivating class participants to the best of your ability
- Noting new participants and sharing basic exercise information with them
- Keeping up-to-date on safety and fitness trends
- Reporting any equipment/facility problems to the management team
- Begins and ends all classes on time.
- Ensures that class areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Attends all scheduled meetings
- Attends schedules professional trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be certified through ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally accredited organization
- Must have educational background in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field
- Valid CPR Certification
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
- Must be well-organized and prepared to teach classes
- Must be in excellent physical condition to teach group exercise
- Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
- Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.