Group Fitness Instructor – Senior Fitness Instructor who can teach classes for an active senior population. Group aquatics, chair-based exercise, dance, cycle/spin, stretch and strength, Yoga, Zumba etc. Group Fitness Instructors are expected to teach safe and effective classes and are required to purpose and maintain educational standards commensurate with Rossmoor/Tice Creek Fitness Center quality. This is a part-time on call position (3-12 hrs/week), depending on the number of classes to be taught.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include and are not limited to:
· Assist members in using safe and effective exercise form during their Workouts
· Support, teach, and encourage members to meet their fitness goals
· Attend department meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current.
· Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly fitness environment, picking up towels, water bottles, etc.
· Ability to conduct classes and activities.
· Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, squatting and lifting.
· Ability to take the responsibility for the health and safety of others. Administer emergency care to members and guests in need of assistance
· Work as a TEAM with all other departments
· Enforce Fitness Center policies and etiquette, demonstrating professional attitude and demeanor at all times.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum 2 years’ experience teaching senior-based group fitness classes
- Experience teaching live stream/virtual classes a plus
- Aquatics, Yoga, and/or Zumba class formats highly preferred.
· Current nationally recognized Group Fitness Certification or specialty class certificate, specialty class license (i.e. Zumba®, etc.).
- Current and valid American Red Cross certifications in CPR, First Aid and AED
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service, time and priority management
- Demonstrated excellence in team work, collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior adults
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and ability to appropriately respond in difficult situations
- Basic computer skills, customer service skills, results oriented, ability to multitask, and commitment to the fitness industry
· Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
· Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
· Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
· Previous employment must be verifiable.
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .