Group Fitness Instructor
The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for providing quality programs designed to meet the needs of members, residents or guests.
• Adheres to policies of WTS International
• Teaches classes with energy and enthusiasm to meet the goals of the program
• Motivates class participants to perform to the best of their abilities
• Introduces themselves to new participants and sharing basic exercise information with them
• Ensuring that a safe and healthy environment exists for exercising
• Arriving to teach class in advance of the scheduled time to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns
• Dressing appropriately for teaching exercise classes
• Arriving well-prepared, music cued and routine thought out
• Knowing the names of participants who attend your classes
• Sharing educational information with your class participants
• Teaching classes with energy and enthusiasm
• Motivating class participants to the best of your ability
• Noting new participants and sharing basic exercise information with them
• Keeping up-to-date on safety and fitness trends
• Reporting any equipment/facility problems to the management team
• Begins and ends all classes on time.
• Ensures that class areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Attends all scheduled meetings
• Attends schedules professional trainings.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be a certified instructor through an approved nationally accredited organization
• Valid CPR Certification
• Valid Standard First Aid Certification
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
• Must be well-organized and prepared to teach classes
• Must be in excellent physical condition to teach group exercise
• Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Good verbal skills
• This position required the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift
• This position will require the following physical requirements: repetitive motions, seeing, hearing and talking
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: yoga mats, weights
• This position may require exposure to noise and mechanical hazards
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.