Department: Health and Fitness
Position Title: Group Exercise Instructor
Classification: Part-Time Employment
The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for providing quality fitness programs designed to meet the needs of our members here at the J. The Group Exercise Instructor reports to the Wellness Instructor.
· Minimum of one of the following Group Exercise Certifications: National Association of Sports Medicine (NASM), American Council of Exercise (ACE), American Fitness Aerobic Association (AFAA), Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA) or other approved nationally accredited organization
· Valid CPR/AED/First Aid certification
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
· Must be well-organized and prepared to teach classes
· Must be in excellent physical condition to teach group exercise
· Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
· Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
· Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
Essential Position Duties:
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Ensures that a safe and healthy environment exists for exercising
· Arrives to teach class in advance of the scheduled time to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns
· Arrives well-prepared, music cued and routine thought out
· Shares educational information with the class participants
· Ability to lift 25 lbs.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
· Ability to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms
· Teaches classes with energy and enthusiasm
· Motivates class participants
· Notes new participants and shares basic exercise information with them
· Keeps up-to-date on safety and fitness trends
· Reports any equipment/facility problems to the management team
· Begins and ends all classes on time
· Ensures that class areas are clean and ready for class
· Attends all scheduled meetings
Flexible work hours varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience.
Point of Contact:
Please send cover letter and resume to Wellness@jccnv.org.
The Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (the J) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to build a strong and vibrant Jewish community through meaningful opportunities to engage in Jewish life. The J welcomes individuals of all ages, abilities, ethnicities, faiths and backgrounds. Our activities span five counties and touch more than 10,000 individuals each year through cultural, educational, wellness programs and Israel celebrations. We build Jewish connection, community and peoplehood with the 70,000+ Jews who call Northern Virginia their home.
The JCCNV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants to and employees of the JCCNV are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.