Village Health Clubs and Spas is looking for a Group Fitness Director to join our winning team!
Management, Pilates & Yoga background required. Advanced computer skills is a huge plus.
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Oversees all group exercise classes, events, Pilates and hot yoga activities to ensure the delivery of professional, high quality, safe and innovative health and fitness classes and instruction to our members.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Creates and oversees all group fitness exercise classes, events, Pilates, and Hot Yoga programs.
- Manages direct reports, to include Pilates, Hot Yoga, and other group fitness exercise instructors.
- Manage and update sub list, web-site and monthly group fitness schedule to meet member needs.
- Work with other departments, ie. Sales and Spa to cross promote.
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards.
- Develops and manages the annual group fitness, Pilates, hot yoga budget, operates within approved budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for all group exercise equipment maintenance.
- Tracks member usage in classes, and executes retention and revenue generating programs within the department.
- Conducts regular department meetings for the purpose of enhancing communication (upcoming promotions, programs) and sharing ideas.
- Approachable management style which includes supervising and managing staff members, planning, assigning and direct work/projects, appraising performance, and annual individual/team goals.
- Responsible for staffing, scheduling and training of department staff.
- Prepare and manage departmental budget.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience managing a group instruction department in an upscale facility.
- Nationally recognized certifications in fitness and/or group exercise.
- Superior understanding of customer service.
- Strong leadership and training experience.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is a must.
- Ability to effectively delegate.
- Strong team building skills including ability to lead, train, cooperate and contribute as part of a team.
- Committed to learning, personal growth, and continual process improvement.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic.
- Demonstrate initiative to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Willing to "roll-up" sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training.
BS or BA in Exercise Science or related field