WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking Group Fitness Director in Herndon, VA for Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa. The Group Fitness Director, will be responsible for the daily operations of the facility including: implementing marketing and sales strategic plans related to Group X, training and scheduling staff, processing payroll, sales and marketing of memberships, facility management and maintenance, supervising the staff in the Group Exercise area of the facility, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are attained, and using the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations..
• Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual for Group X, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
• Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operation Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate Group X maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for Group Exercise equipment.
• Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department and/or facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
• Writes articles or press releases for the facility related to Group X, when applicable.
• Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
• Maintains a fully staffed department and/or facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Ensures appropriate department and/or facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
• Assesses all Group X employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
• Conducts new user orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
• Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, Group X programs, and any expenditures.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyer's, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
• Ensures all employees are current in appropriate certifications
• Maintains quality control of all programs - WTS International systems, personal training, and group exercise.
• Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
• Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the WTS International Operations Director.
• Reviews and discusses any client suggestions with the Sports Performance Director.
• Maintains bulletin board(s).
• Additional duties as assigned
• College degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field preferred
• Must be certified through ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally accredited organization
• Current first aid, CPR, and other safety certifications when required by the client
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
• Must be well-organized and prepared to teach classes
• Must be in excellent physical condition to teach group exercise
• Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.