Group Fitness Cycling Instructor
The Cycling Instructor:
We are hiring Indoor Cycling instructors who know what it takes to deliver a memorable Indoor cycling experience. Those who are passionate about taking participants on a musical adventure are encouraged to apply. We are searching for candidates who are eager to include heart rate technology as well as lighting effects to enhance the participants understanding of a results driven program hidden in a fun, motivating, sensory exciting experience.
- Develop relationships and create culture
- Insist on perfect technique and settle for nothing less
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness floor
- Approach every situation with great attention to detail
- Support, teach and encourage members to meet his/her fitness goals, and motivate intrinsically or extrinsically
- Work together as a team with all departments and treat everyone with respect
- Assist in development and implementation of new fitness programs/classes
- Be the club's "goodwill" ambassador and greet and assist members
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals
- Enforce Active Wellness policies, such as cell phone use, etc.
- Attend fitness department and fitness training meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants.Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests. Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred.
- Must have a current indoor cycling certification
- Must be detail oriented, organized and highly responsive with a commitment to customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills, customer service skills, results oriented, and commitment to the fitness industry
- AED/CPR/First Aid Certified
- National Group Fitness Instructor Certification(s) required (see approved Certification, Licenses and Permits list) as well as modality specific certifications as required by role
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
Physical and Working Conditions
- Ability to conduct classes and activities
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, squatting and lifting
- Ability to take the responsibility for the health and safety of others
- Ability to stand for several hours; ability to lift 25 lbs
- Fitness club environment
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
$25 - $35 hourly (DOE)
This position is currently accepting applications.