Group Exercise Instructor (Part Time)
The Edge Fitness Clubs
Stratford, CT 06615
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
The Edge Fitness Clubs offer an amazing variety of fitness classes including strength, cardio and Mind Body Classes. Our awesome instructors are what separates The Edge from our competition. With over 550 classes per week, we provide our members with an intense, upbeat and motivating atmosphere that will help our members get an Edge in life. If you want to teach classes for the best health club in Connecticut, join our team!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive for class at least 5 minutes (10 minutes preferred) before scheduled start of class
- End class on time in order to keep flow between classes and parking lot
- Greet members with a positive, professional and friendly attitude
- Always introduce self and class
- When speaking with members, have a positive, team player attitude toward the Edge and its management
- Assist new participants with set up etc.
- Demonstrate proper techniques and methods
- Provide modifications to suit the member's individual needs
- Ensure studio is left in neat and organized manner
- Remind and assist members to scan in at kiosk
- Take attendance for classes which require it
- Log attendance lists in by end of day
- Verify and log out class in payroll system after class
- Treat stereo and mic with care
- Report any studio or equipment issues to Director of Group Exercise
- Report any inappropriate behavior witnessed to Director of Group Exercise
- Follow procedures for getting a sub/being the sub - (see sub procedures)
- Follow inclement weather procedures when needed
- Group Exercise Certification Required
- CPR Certification Required
- Specialty Certifications (Spin, Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, MOSSA Power, ETC)
- Six months with certification and six months teaching
- Program design experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate safe exercise techniques
- Support and articulate the Edge Fitness mission statement
- Maintain a healthy way of life
- Adhere to Group Exercise policies and procedures
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
Take your career to The Edge.
Voted Best Health Club thirteen times, The Edge Fitness Clubs has been growing since 1987 when our first club opened in Middletown, CT.
At The EDGE Fitness Clubs our mission is to offer extraordinary fitness facilities, innovative programming and an energetic, friendly staff to ensure our members love coming to our clubs, always enjoy their fitness experience, and see the results of their hard work. Ultimately giving our members...an EDGE in life.
If you have a passion for fitness, a genuine interest in helping others achieve wellness in all areas of life, and a rock solid work ethic, then we encourage you to continue with our applicant-friendly online job application. Thank you for your interest in a career with The Edge Fitness Clubs.
Company Website: www.TheEdgeFitnessClubs.com