To instruct group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. To offer a variety of exercise modalities to enhance physical fitness levels through instruction of cardiovascular, strength, flexibility and mind-body practices.
This is a part-time position.
1. First Aid, CPR, AED certification required within six months of hire.
2. Certification in areas of expertise. (Yoga, Spinning, Diabetes Prevention, etc.)
3. Must have knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology, strength and conditioning program leadership and implementation.
4. Maintain active status on an annual basis.
5. Must be available for day and evening classes.
6. YMCA Sexual Harassment and Child Abuse Training within three months of hire.
7. YMCA of Long Island New Employee Orientation within three months of hire
8. YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification or a national certification (ACE, ACSM AFAA, NASM or equivalent) in group exercise instruction. If incumbent does not have certification at time of hire, must achieve within three months of hire.
9. YMCA Listen First within three months of hire.