Group Exercise Instructor
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking a Group Exercise and Spin Instructor for Washington, DC. This position is for a SPIN instructor. The spin instructor is responsible for providing quality spin programs designed to meet the needs of members, residents or guests.
• Ensuring that a safe and healthy environment exists for exercising
• Arriving to teach class in advance of the scheduled time to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns
• Dressing appropriately for teaching exercise classes
• Arriving well-prepared, music cued and routine thought out
• Knowing the names of participants who attend your classes
• Sharing educational information with your class participants
• Teaching classes with energy and enthusiasm
• Motivating class participants to the best of your ability
• Noting new participants and sharing basic exercise information with them
• Keeping up-to-date on safety and fitness trends
• Reporting any equipment/facility problems to the management team
• Begins and ends all classes on time.
• Ensures that class areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Attends all scheduled meetings
• Attends schedules professional trainings.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be certified through ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally accredited organization
• Must have educational background in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field
• Valid CPR Certification
• Valid Standard First Aid Certification
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
• Must be well-organized and prepared to teach classes
• Must be in excellent physical condition to teach group exercise
• Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Ability to lift 25 lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.