The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The McBurney YMCA is seeking a Group Exercise Coordinator who, under the direction of the Healthy Living Director, will supervise the Group Exercise, Pilates and Dance programs. The incumbent will enhance membership by attracting and retaining members with quality classes, and will advance the YMCA mission and values among members and in the community
- Coordinate hiring, supervising, evaluating and coaching the program staff, and assuring attendance in Branch meetings and activities.
- Coordinate planning, scheduling and evaluating of all Group Exercise and Pilates classes and individual instruction.
- Evaluate classes to ensure member satisfaction, profitability, and compliance with standards, and monitor class attendance.
- Adhere to YMCA of Greater New York Healthy Living Guidelines.
- Assist with developing, controlling and tracking departmental budget in accordance with branch and association guidelines.
- Coordinate Annual Campaign fundraising campaigns among the Group Exercise programs.
- Participate in community outreaches.
- Coordinate scheduling, managing, maintaining and repairing facilities and equipment pertaining to Group Exercise, Pilates and Dance programs.
- Coordinate research, facilitation and building of quality programs that exceed member satisfaction.
- Track and ensure that each staff’s certifications are current and on file.
- Coordinate administrative functions such as tracking, reports, schedules and payroll in a timely manner
- Assist in setting annual priority objectives – improve service based on member and periodic Association quality surveys.
- Serve as point of contact for all Group Exercise and Pilates instructors as well as members, and promptly address complaints.
- Coordinate substitute instructors. Fill in for instructors as necessary.
- Uphold all association policies and demonstrate the values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of three to five year in a fitness supervisory/management position.
- Current CPR / First Aid certifications.
- ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM, NSCA, or other YMCA recognized certifications.
- Certifications in various Group Exercise and Dance modalities.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Group Exercise Coordinator” to email@example.com or to:
Attn.: James Dolle
125 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10011
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.