Group Exercise Coordinator
Share This With Your Friends!
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking a Group Exercise Coordinator. The Group Exercise Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of the group exercise program. The group exercise coordinator supervises all group exercise staff, programs and services to maximize participation, member retention, Center profitability and new member recruiting.
• Working in collaboration with the General Manager of Health and Fitness to create, maintain and develop the group exercise program.
• Recruit and retain members through group exercise programs and workshops
• Ensure that group exercise areas are in first class condition at all times including the proper amount of necessary equipment, cleanliness and maintenance of equipment, floors, walls, etc.
• Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, coach and supervise all group exercise instructors
• Evaluate the instructor's performance. Make recommendations as needed.
• Communicate regularly with the instructors regarding class schedule
• Teach a minimum of 2 classes each week to establish and maintain credibility with members and staff
• Ensure that group exercise areas are in first class condition at all times including the proper amount of necessary equipment, cleanliness and maintenance of equipment, floors, walls, etc. Communicate with housekeeping and facilities personnel to inform them of any issues
• Assist in planning the annual departmental budget for all revenue and costs associated with effectively operating the department within parameters established by management.
• Ability to teach a variety of group exercise classes
• Minimum of 2 years management experience in fitness industry
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills
• Possess strong customer service skills
• Competent in using Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to multi-task and be well organized
• Ability to make and execute departmental decisions keeping the Center's best interest at hand while doing so
• Ability to learn and use various database systems
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of a BS in fitness or related field
• Maintain current First Aid and CPR/AED
• Maintain national Group Fitness Certification (ACE, AFAA, NASM, etc.)
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.