We are seeking an energetic and professional individual with experience in group fitness instruction as well as personal training at our downtown corporate location.
- Develop positive relationships with class participants through motivational instruction and education.
- Prepare and lead a fun, and effective group class based on the class description.
- Create a welcome environment for all participants of every fitness level.
- Monitor and connect to participants during class by leading them in form, technique, modifications, breathing cues and encouraging them to listen to their bodies and meet where they can.
- Assist class participants with correcting form, providing alternative moves when needed, and helping participants remain motivated to attain their personal goals.
- Clean and organize the group fitness space before and after each class.
- As needed, secure substitute instructors to cover regularly scheduled classes or classes agreed to sub.
- Represent the Fitness Center in a professional manner, greeting residents as they enter and leave class and encouraging new residents to join.
- Maintain all current and correct certifications.
- Knowledge of strength training, HIIT, Tabata
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles, general understanding of human anatomy and kinesiology.
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies, the incorporation of music, tempo, and cuing technique.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate skills being taught to participants and modify movements to all fitness levels.
- Ability to be self-sufficient in handling job responsibilities
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual
- Must be a team player and possess a positive attitude.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification.
- Certified Personal Training Certificate or Group Fitness Instructor Certification.