The Golf Professional is responsible for providing the leadership and operational direction for the golf facility. These areas include administrative and general management, golf operations, sales and marketing. The focus of the position is to be directed toward quality and consistency of facilities and service. Financial responsibility include, budgeting, implementing and supervising financial objectives and monitoring all results. This position does include limited teaching of golf to members and guests.
• Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in the WTS International Mission Statement, Values/Guidelines, WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE)
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International
• Prepare, in conjunction with WTS, all financial information to include annual budget, capital projects, and financial forecasts for all departments monthly for the next 90-day period. Assist all other managers with their efforts to meet financial goals and objectives.
• Establish and monitor the standards of service, operational direction and safety programs for all departments. Develop and maintain an emergency action plan for the facility. Reports any incidents or accidents to WTS International and the Operations Director.
• Foster a management style that encourages suggestions and opinions, open door policy, strong employee relations and excellent customer satisfaction skills.
• Schedules employees to maximize revenue and provide excellent guest service while staying within budgetary goals.
• Assesses all golf employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Develop and establish a close relationship with ownership and broad range of relationships among the customer base, membership, communities and media. Review and respond to all daily suggestions and member concerns to include solving member challenges through industry resources.
• Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Direct and develop all sales and marketing efforts for the club. Oversee and create marketing plans and generate sales. Increase tournament revenues and general revenue lines. Provides constant member communication through web presence, social media, and club newsletters. Create programs, database and detailed information regarding the promotion and development of all business potential of all types.
• Maintains daily record of program and member attendance to be submitted monthly to client.
• Assists in and supervises facility maintenance, routine preventative maintenance, and repair.
• Helps maintain a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
• Helps ensure facility is accessed only by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times. Helps uphold guest rule policy and collects all guest fees.
• Promotes the facility and its amenities to potential members when applicable.
• Performs golf lessons on a limited basis.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in health, fitness or business management field preferred.
• 2+ years of previous experience as an Assistant or Head Golf Pro.
• PGA Class A Member required
• Ability to manage multiple departments and direct all activities associated with specific area
• Ability to communicate effectively and implement Golf Standards of Service
• Experience in promoting and implementing golf programs and tournaments
• Experience with budget development and financial management is required
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Proficient in use of computers and office equipment.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.