WTS International, one of the world's leading lifestyle, fitness, spa consulting and management firms, is seeking a General Manager for Live and Breathe Wellness House in Nashville, TN.
Live + Breathe is Nashville's new, urban sanctuary where wellness lives, unscripted. With an air of exclusivity aimed towards like-minded people seeking a full wellness experience all under one roof, LAB is where wellness + relaxation converge.
The General Manager is responsible for directing all facility operations to include: developing and directing strategic planning efforts; maximizing sales while monitoring and controlling expenses to meet planned operating profits; creating and executing strategic business plans, promotions, and productivity targets; assisting with the development of annual budgets and marketing programs, recruiting, hiring, and training all employees in accordance with established costs, procedures, and staffing needs; and providing leadership and opportunities for overall facility growth and individual skill enhancement.
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, programming and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operations Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Plans, promotes and implements large scale prospect events and residential/member programs and activities weekly with assistance from a Lifestyle Director.
- Develops a membership marketing and programming plan for the facility. Works with the Lifestyle Director to sell memberships to the facility when applicable.
- Consistently tracks usage of the facility and seeks ways to increase utilization by members, residents and guests.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Previous facilities management experience preferred.
- Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Recruits the key personnel for Activities, Fitness, Maintenance, Aquatics, and Operations, where applicable. Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Conducts on-going training/educational programs for department. Holds team meetings on a regular schedule.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and
disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Collaborates with onsite builder and developer teams to expose the amenities and lifestyle program to prospective buyers.
- Directs and oversees all facility operations to ensure achievement of sales and retention goals, business objectives and facility profitability.
- Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client.
- Develops annual strategic plan highlighting targeted operational, marketing, programming, customer service and financial objectives.
- Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective advertising.
- Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the facility, placing a high emphasis on client service and satisfaction.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
- Develops and implements systematic membership programs that targets new members, general memberships, and infrequent users.
- Ensure compliance with all licensing and health requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in leisure studies, fitness, health & wellness or business management field
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a large multi amenity facility
- Strategic planning, membership marketing and sales, employee supervision and training, fitness/health promotion, programming, and financial management skills
- Must be willing to obtain CPR, AED & First Aid Certifications
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic
- Personal Training and or certifications associated with the industry are highly desirable
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.