General Manager - Corporate Fitness
LifeStart and WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness and management firms, is seeking a General Manager for a Corporate Fitness facility in Chicago, IL. The General Manager manages and oversees the daily operations and programming of the facility.
WTS International and LifeStart merged in November 2020 to create one of the most comprehensive management companies operating at the confluence of hospitality, technology, and health and wellness. Its vast portfolio includes hotel and resort spa, country club, corporate and commercial fitness, residential, and virtual spaces. Together, the combined organization provides transformative holistic mind and body spa services, unparalleled community engagement experiences, industry-leading experts in physical, mental and emotional well-being, and unrivaled customer service, all with the goal to empower people to build a better lifestyle and to live life well.
- The General Manager supervises staff and acts as the Manager on Duty
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operations Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
- Conducts on-going training/educational programs for department. Holds team meetings on a regular schedule.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system. Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Directs and oversees all facility operations to ensure achievement of sales and retention goals, business objectives and facility profitability.
- Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client.
- Develops annual strategic plan highlighting targeted operational, marketing, programming, customer service and financial objectives.
- Recommends and develops marketing strategies to include planning/coordinating promotions, facility activities and effective advertising.
- Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the facility, placing a high emphasis on client service and satisfaction.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
- Develops and implements systematic membership programs that targets new members, general memberships, and infrequent users.
- Ensure compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in health, fitness or business management field
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a large multi-amenity facility
- Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA
- Strategic planning, membership marketing and sales, employee supervision and training, fitness/health promotion, programming, and financial management skills
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- This position required the ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, and lift.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: fingering, grasping, seeing, visual acuity (near and far) and hearing.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: golf clubs, computer, calculator or inventory control devices.
- Hazards include extreme temperatures and wet and humid conditions. This position will involve working with chemicals, detergents and cleaners and mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to operate motorized equipment
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic
- Personal Training and or certifications associated with the industry are highly desirable
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International / LifeStart is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.