Front Desk attendants play a key role in creating an exceptional member experience by:
- Creating “moments of magic” for members and guests
- Communicating accurate information
- Consistently displaying positive energy thru enthusiasm while accommodating to the needs of others
In addition to the primary roles and responsibilities described within, each member of the Front Desk Team embraces and follows the guidelines outlined in our Service Standards and plays a vital role in the success of the club. Members of the Front Desk Team always represent the company while they are in the club and must maintain a professional manner in dealing with fellow staff, members and guests. They must display a helpful and positive attitude, and assist other departments when necessary. Members of the Front Desk Team are encouraged to communicate ideas on best practices to their leaders as well as colleagues in other departments.
Greet each Member and Guest with enthusiasm and accurate information
- Greet and welcome each person who enters the club
- Ensure members check in and verify membership is up to date
- When answering the phone, create a “moment of magic” by making each caller feel special
- Provide accurate information at all times
- Personally thank and wish each guest a “great day” upon leaving the club
- Remember as many names as possible as to greet individuals by their name
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to General Manager as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
POINT OF SALE
- Accurately input all transactions that take place into the register
- Collect proper amount for each transaction from all club users and guests
- Promote and actively up-sell club services and merchandise
- Count money in register
- Learn and understand our computer operating system
- Facilitate needed updates to member's accounts.
- Review each registration form before inputting data and ensure information is accurate
- Accurately collect fees for all programs, activities, and merchandise that is sold during your shift
- Register accurate information into the Point of Sale system
- Ensure every member completes Guest Registration Form prior to entering the club
- Ensure each registration form is signed (the liability waiver) by responsible person over the age of 18 years old
- Confirm signed waiver matches individual by reviewing license and copying license of guest
- Attach copy of license to Guest Waiver
- Input all information accurately into the Point of Sale adding as a Guest
- Put forth initial copy to Membership Advisor and second copy in Guest Register
- Channel each guest to membership department successfully
- Print out attendance sheets each day for clinics and classes being put forth
- Ensure desk area and lobby is neat and clean at all times
- Keep supplies stocked at all times
- Be responsible for security for self and others
- Perform undefined work assigned by supervisor as needed
WORK SCHEDULE: To be determined by Club Manager/Owners
Key Performance Evaluation Factors
- Ability to exemplify and live the company’s core values
- Ability to accurately input information
- Ability to multi-task and display enthusiasm working with others
- Ability to work independently and creatively problem solve
- Ability to fulfill essential duties
- Contribution and proactive participation as part of the Smithfield Fitness Club staff.
- A passion for health and wellness and the ability to influence people in overcoming their obstacles to exercising, joining a fitness club, and in making lifestyle changes.
- The ability to smile and be welcoming
- Basic math skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Commitment to providing top notch customer service and some experience working in a fast paced customer service role.
- Team player who approaches challenges in a creative and positive manner.
- Experience in a sales environment focused on attaining revenue and unit goals is a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation to be at Fitness Club on time for shift.
- Ability to work in a group or team setting.
- Face To Face Retail Customer Service experience.
- The ability to stand/work on your feet.
- The ability to be energetic and outgoing at all times.
- The ability to handle weights of up to 50lbs