Front Desk & Juice Bar Manager and Member Liaison
CWRU / 121 Fitness Center
2130 Adelbert Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44106
With a high degree of independence, responsible for direct supervision of the front desk and juice bar areas and staff to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided. Actively nurture relationships with current members and guests, develop, implement and manage onboarding and maintenance programs for member engagement and retention, perform client exit interviews and ensure high level of member attendance, participation and satisfaction. Also serve as an Assistant Manager of the facility.
1. Direct supervision of all front desk and juice bar staff to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided with accuracy and efficiency and that they are upholding the policies and procedures expected with a high degree of productivity. Effectively communicate the membership goals, satisfaction, retention and activities as well as ongoing programs, services and events with the staff. Develop and continually assess, enhance, and refine policies and procedures to ensure we provide excellent, efficient, correct services. (40%)
2. Responsible for the hiring, training, development and schedule management of front desk and juice bar employees. Organize and host team meetings and team building activities and exercises to ensure worker satisfaction and engagement. Manage and perform the ongoing employee performance appraisal process. Create and implement commendation/ recognition initiatives, manage disciplinary actions as needed, process all HR related employee issues as required. (12%)
3. Oversee POS sales, drawer counts and paperwork completed to ensure accuracy. Manage supplies and inventory of the front desk, juice bar and Pro Shop areas. (15%)
4. Develop, implement and manage onboarding and maintenance programs for member engagement and retention. This includes but is not limited to new member orientation programs and a contact management system to include call records, database and activity management. Actively maintain a high profile and nurture relationships with current members on a daily basis to create high member participation, satisfaction, retention, referrals and feedback. (15%)
5. Process member resignations and exit interviews to recover members and gain insight on potential opportunities for the fitness center (6%)
6. Perform Assistant Manager Duties for the facility, including but not limited to; Opening and/or closing at least 1 shift per week; Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day operations of the facility (maintaining schedules, laundry duties, member /guest and staff supervision and other duties as needed); Proficiently perform all job functions and areas of the Fitness Center (front desk, Recovery Zone, exercise floor, babysitting, housekeeping, etc.); Address special needs that may arise with facility operations (heat, air conditioning, water, roof, lighting, laundry, computers, AV equipment, fitness equipment, parking issues, etc.); Properly handle all emergencies by coordinating with proper authorities, medical personnel, staff and members; Ensure that staff are properly upholding the policies and procedures and high quality of service expected of the Center. (12%)
1. Assist in the control of operational expenses within established budgets.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: At least one (1) year of management/supervisory experience.
Education/Licensing: Bachelor’s degree required.
1. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
2. Ability to lead by example and with proven supervisory leadership skills. Demonstrate enthusiasm, high energy and be a natural motivator.
3. Demonstrated leadership, management and staff development experience.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in person, on the phone and written).
5. Strong organizational skills, business ethics, and motivation.
6. Strong situational/ambient awareness at all times.
7. Self-motivated, results-oriented professional with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with others.
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and conform to shifting priorities, demands and timeline. Must be flexible in order to respond to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Must be able to adapt to varying workloads and respond appropriately to stressful situations.
9. Proactive approach to potential problems and excellent problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to deal with difficult people and situations in a professional, compassionate and helpful manner.
11. Ability to understand all programs and services offered at 121 Fitness Center and help recruit participants, upsell services, etc.
12. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
This position involves using a computer the majority of the day as well as long periods of sitting, standing and walking. The employee will be required to perform a variety of physical skills, including but not limited to carrying, filing, pushing, pulling, sorting, twisting, writing, etc. Must be able to lift a minimum of 45lbs. The employee will be required to walk throughout the building and outdoors to other departments and areas. Possible exposure to commercial cleaning products.