Are you passionate about helping others stay active? Do you have experience working with those 55 and older? Join our YMCA team as a ForeverWell Coordinator! This full-time opening will serve the 55 and older community by scheduling events, activities, and teaching exercise classes. No experience teaching older adult fitness classes? No worries! We have in house training for SilverSneakers, ForeverWell and Water Fitness!
- Free Family Membership to all YMCA locations
- Training Opportunities
- Program Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Full Health Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision and Retirement
1. Job Summary:
The ForeverWell Coordinator is responsible for the daily direction of ForeverWell programing at one or multiple locations with a focus on engaging members into Y programs. The incumbent is responsible for meeting established branch quality and participation goals.
2. Essential Functions:
- Manage the daily direction of ForeverWell programing.
- Ensure the delivery of programing and services meets quality standards.
- Provide direct social and group exercise virtual and in-person program delivery.
- Conduct daily ForeverWell participant phone calls.
- Conduct new ForeverWell member orientations and tours.
- Ensure a high level of customer service which enhances the member, guest and program participant experience and satisfaction.
- Provide work direction to ForeverWell instructors when appropriate.
- Provide follow up of program delivery and collect data as required.
This position reports to the Executive Director who reports to the Vice President of Operations. The incumbent works with branch and Association Wellbeing product teams and other Association team members.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in programs for older adults
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with individuals and build community within a group
- Excellent and effective organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other online virtual training platforms
- Ability to obtain a National Group Exercise Certification within 90 days of hire
- Attend YMCA Healthy Lifestyles within 90 days of hire
- ForeverWell Instructor Training and/or Sliver Sneakers Instructor Training plus Water X Crossover Training achieved within 6 months
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population
- Degree in Health and Science or related field
- National Fitness Certification in Group Fitness
5. Work Conditions:
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher if teaching in the aquatics area.
- Ability to calmly and effectively react in an emergency situation.
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
6. Physical Demands:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from the Executive Director or Branch Director or their designee in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the Branch and/or Association’s success.Apply directly via www.ymcanorth.org/jobs