Do you like to engage with others? Are you comfortable making calls to connect with members? Do you want to help others meet their health and wellness goals? The YMCA ForeverWell Coordinator role offers career development, a great mission to get behind, and is a FUN environment. We have FULL and PART time opportunity!
The YMCA Group Fitness Instructor role is more than a job and is a critical role at the YMCA. You will connect with all members 55+ and older and help them to achieve their mental, spiritual, physical and emotional wellbeing. Daily tasks will include making calls to members, creating a monthly event calendar, and teaching group fitness classes.
Our goal in the YMCA healthy living program is to provide active older adults with a safe, fun space in the community to thrive. If you want to make a positive impact on all ages 55 and older, the ForeverWell Coordinator role is the adventure for you. The ForeverWell Coordinator will teach safe and healthy movement and provide options for all fitness levels and abilities while teaching classes. In addition, you will schedule and plan activities within the YMCA or within the community to increase member engagement.
Scheduled exercise classes may include: Strength, Stretch, Cardio, Line Dance, Tai Chi, Chair Yoga, Yoga and Meditation, Water Exercise and more class types!
Apply today for the YMCA ForeverWell program and join our team of passionate coordinators!
Requirements and Opportunities:
- Call center experience or willingness to make phone calls to members
- Have taught or willing to teach low impact group exercise classes
- Experience working with the 55+ communities
- Set weekly schedule: 1 or more classes per week
- $17-$20/hour + DOQ
- YMCA of the North membership
- YMCA Program Discounts for your family
- Full Time also includes PTO, competitive medical, dental, vision, retirement, and 6% contribution to retirement after 2 years
1. Job Summary:
The ForeverWell Coordinator is responsible for the daily direction of ForeverWell programing at one or multiple locations with a focus on engaging members into Y programs. The incumbent is responsible for meeting established branch quality and participation goals.
2. Essential Functions:
- Manage the daily direction of ForeverWell programing.
- Ensure the delivery of programing and services meets quality standards.
- Provide direct social and group exercise virtual and in-person program delivery.
- Conduct daily ForeverWell participant phone calls.
- Conduct new ForeverWell member orientations and tours.
- Ensure a high level of customer service which enhances the member, guest and program participant experience and satisfaction.
- Provide work direction to ForeverWell instructors when appropriate.
- Provide follow up of program delivery and collect data as required.
This position reports to the Engagement Director who reports to the Executive Director. The incumbent works with branch and Association Wellbeing product teams and other Association team members.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in programs for older adults
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with individuals and build community within a group
- Excellent and effective organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other online virtual training platforms
- Ability to obtain a National Group Exercise Certification within 90 days of hire
- Attend YMCA Healthy Lifestyles within 90 days of hire
- ForeverWell Instructor Training and/or Sliver Sneakers Instructor Training plus Water X Crossover Training achieved within 6 months
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population
- Degree in Health and Science or related field
- National Fitness Certification in Group Fitness
5. Work Conditions:
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher if teaching in the aquatics area.
- Ability to calmly and effectively react in an emergency situation.
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
6. Physical Demands:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from the Executive Director or Branch Director or their designee in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the Branch and/or Association’s success.