Fitness & Wellness Director
Denver, CO 80246
The Staenberg-Loup Denver Jewish Community Center is seeking a dynamic Fitness & Wellness Director for our recently fully renovated center! We are looking for an energetic, creative, and enthusiastic leader to join our team. The role of Fitness & Wellness Director is critical to the success of transforming the JCC Denver and growing our membership and moving our vision forward. This individual will be a member of the leadership team and engage regularly with the community, lay leaders, the JCC Denver team and national organizations. Our Director of Fitness & Wellness oversees a full-service fitness facility with services including, personal training, exercise programs, massage therapy, reformer pilates, yoga, group exercise, a full aquatics program and a child care drop off center. They will supervise Fitness Center staff including an Associate Director of Fitness, Associate Director of Aquatics, Child Care Manager and the Director of Membership and oversee the Fitness & Wellness Center staffing, accounting, budget creation, market analysis and member relations.
• Drive fitness department revenues and membership goals and ensuring that fiscal success and net profit goals are achieved.
• Provide direct and indirect supervisory responsibility for all of the fitness and wellness employees and will provide appropriate leadership in accordance with the JCC Denver.
• Create and execute strategic plans, develop and implement best practices to ensure successful and continued growth.
• Cultivate a high-performance engaging culture that develops, empowers and recognizes great employees and while delivering top customer service, exceptional programs, and an immaculately clean, safe club to members.
• Work with the Director of Membership on recruiting, retention and onboarding of members
• Team with the Engagement department at the JCC to move the One J program forward
• The successful candidate is expected to be self-motivated, self-reliant, organized, driven to succeed, and able to handle concurrent projects and assignments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Health, Exercise Science, Fitness Management, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling and upscaling for premium products
• Minimum 3-5 years’ in leadership sales or management
• Proven track record of sales goal achievements
• 5+ years’ in management
• Experience in service and customer retention
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• CPR/AE/First Aid certifications or willing to obtain upon hire